FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Gram Amp 2 Communicator vs Schiit Mani

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RobDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gram Amp 2 Communicator vs Schiit Mani
    Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:26am
I have the Gram Amp 2 Communicator on loan just now and it sounds wonderful, very impressed with it and it's giving me the sound I've been looking for. I've got the Rega Fono MM Mk2 which is very good but the Communicator is better! Can't imagine how good it must sound with the PSU1 as well!

BUT ... I've never heard the Schiit Mani but it gets glowing reviews, it costs £149 shipped compared to £175 for the Communicator. I have read reviews though which say the Mani is not shielded and can pick up interference and hiss, etc. which I know the Communicator doesn't have problems with, the one I'm trialling is silent. I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy a Communicator and later the PSU1 for it. Big smile

Has anyone had the opportunity to hear both amps and compare them before I pull the trigger and order a Communicator? I'd be saving for the PSU1 as well!

Edited by RobDon - 17 Dec 2017 at 11:40am
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:41pm
You definitely won't regret buying a Communicator Rob. I've never heard one with a PSU1 but having heard what the linear supply does with other items of Graham's kit it will definitely improve it even more.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 1:08pm
If the designers haven't taken into account the need for proper EMC compliance to combat interference what else have they overlooked? Such basic oversights bring into question the competence of the designers and manufacturers.
I have a Gram Amp3 Fanfare, Genera and Reflex M, all of which perform brilliantly and don't appear to suffer from RF interference.
All benefit when powered by the PSU1, cleaner Bass and wider soundstage being the most prominent improvements in my opinion.
I know which way I would go.

Happy listening
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
Best way would be to try the other brand at home to see how it suits you then you know you will have the best option for you. If you cannot home demo you probably have your answer.
RobDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 3:38pm
Don't think there is any way I can test a Schiit Mani at home. Currently loving testing the Gram Amp 2 Communicator though - I think my mind is already made up!!! Thumbs Up
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 5:29pm
Well if it can't be tried wouldn't entertain it personally however good any write ups
May be.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

Well if it can't be tried wouldn't entertain it personally however good any write ups
May be.
Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic