FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CuSat 50 or Libran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:56am
Thanks, Ash, that’s terrific information to have.
Cheers,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:17am
Success!
   I bought a Neutrik 6.5mm socket and four banana binding posts. It was simple enough to wire it as per Graham’s instructions, and I installed it all in a little ABS Jiffy Box after drilling five holes. Job done.
Thanks Graham.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:18pm
Nice one Mick!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:41pm
I would make a habit of turning all dials down before you switch between different headphones or speakers, to minimise any risk of accidentally damaging any device you've got connected, say for example you switch outputs quickly and make a simple error. Let me know how you get on and what you choose to drive. If I recall correctly, I used 8-9 o'clock on the Proprius for driving the sensitive high resolution HD800, 9-10 o'clock for driving HD540II/HD560II (so HD250 would be the same) and 12-3 o'clock for the K1000. 12 o'clock is perfectly adequate for the K1000 but I heard no hiss at 3 o'clock either and you don't have to turn the Majestic dial up as much. For my high resolution Mark Audio P drivers, I set the Proprius dials at 12 o'clock or lower. As I move from 12 towards 3 o'clock, I personally hear some low background hiss from them which I find quite intrusive especially beyond 3 o'clock so as I personally like hiss as inaudible as possible, I choose to keep the Proprius down as much as possible and crank up the preamp level (Majestic or Bitzie). Wink I was very pleased with the sound quality and felt that I no longer needed to have a headphone amplifier such as the Solo, as all my chosen devices were suitable loads for the monoblocks. The K1000 is the only headphone I have these days so I'm simple but I do have the freedom of using something like the HD250II from the monoblocks if needed. This is the headphone that Graham used to make the Proprius, after all.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:22am
Hi Ash,
   I ended up using 10 o’clock on the Proprius and 9-10 o’clock on the Majestic for my HD600’s. That was for a low level classical recording. The preamp came down a little for pop. I’m stoked with the result and I’ll be spending quality time rediscovering a few favorite albums from a headphone perspective.
Mick.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
It's definitely worth a little DIY or contacting John Cadman for a suitable cable. I've driven my LCD2's from the Proprius amps in the past and found the sound very dynamic and full. To be fair the Solo ULDE puts out enough for quite loud listening levels.

Ash and Mick's tip is not just on headphones. Backing off the level control on the Proprius amps opens up the the range of usable settings on the Majestic level. I have fairly sensitive speakers and sit quite close of them so found late night listening ends up being right at the bottom of the Majstic volume pot otherwise.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Gijo1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gijo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 10:41am
I should ask, what sort of cable is suitable for headphones? I am assuming that CuSAT50 isn't quite right? It would also be good to use this little connector as an extension cable at the same time, making it easier to get into a great listening chair :)

It would also be great to see your handy work Mick if you are willing to post the images?

Dan
Now: Accession M, CuSAT50, Spatia Cables + links
Later: Proprius
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic