FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CuSat 50 or Libran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CuSat 50 or Libran
    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 2:14pm
I think I'm getting close to ordering a pair of Proprii to connect to my Majestic.

The monoblocks will be on a shelf close to the Majestic, not mounted a distance away on the speakers. This being the case, is there any reason to use Libran interconnects rather than CuSat?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 4:29pm
I personally found that the CuSat 50s sounded better. But then I only use 1.5 m long cables between my majestic and proprii mono blocks.
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 4:43pm
Thanks Phil. I think I remember you saying this previously. I think I would use just 1 metre.
Ifor
=====
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:23pm
Unless I'm completely mistaken, CuSat50, Lautus and Libran all use the same conductor type/material; high purity copper. Lautus is essentially a CuSat50 with one or two ferrites placed at calculated points and Libran is just a balanced CuSat50, where there is an additional conductor in the sheath. For short lengths, the audible advantages of balanced over single ended is probably rather limited and for a length between 1.5-3.0m, a Lautus may provide a more audible improvement over a Libran (balanced CuSat50). I don't really see how a Lautus could be any worse than a CuSat50 when the signal is moving through what is an equivalent conductor. The benefits of the Lautus over the CuSat50 may be dependent on how much EMI is in your area.

Edited by Ash - 28 Sep 2017 at 8:27pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:15pm
Slight tweak Ash, John or Graham may add more but the Libran is a different cable from the Cusat50 and Lautus.

Ifor I know some prefer the balanced Libran from Majestic to Proprius amps when they are close together on a rack and that sounds very good. It may also be worth trying an unbalanced R3 cable - you can borrow my 0.6m pair if you wish with the loan Librans and Cusat50's if you wish. Like Phil I favoured the unbalanced short cable. For the 2m and 5m runs to the Proprius amps next to my speakers I use balanced cables.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:28pm
Jon, what's an R3 cable?
Ifor
=====
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:49pm
I'm not quite sure what is meant by the R3 but I do know that the dual mono 1.5m TRS-XLR interconnects I have for connecting Majestic to Proprius are Lautus-R3. In contrast to Jon's CuSat-R3.

Edited by Ash - 28 Sep 2017 at 9:57pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic