FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CuSat 50 or Libran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CuSat 50 or Libran
    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:29pm
I have rewired my hifi and AV speakers internally with Spatia hookup wire, getting a consistent step up in sound. Please let us know how it goes with the new wiring in the box Mick.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:16pm
Happenening later on today!
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:35pm
A pair of Spatia links inside the box will do. Smile
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:50am
Here it is. Not very glamorous, but it’s a start and it functions. The next step is to use the same cable inside as my Slee speaker cable. I’m planning on using a set of Slee jumper cables I no longer use due to having single wired PMC speakers now.
Mick.

Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm
I use this one: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/interconnects-cables/headphone-extension-cable.html

But I am biased Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Gijo1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gijo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 10:41am
I should ask, what sort of cable is suitable for headphones? I am assuming that CuSAT50 isn't quite right? It would also be good to use this little connector as an extension cable at the same time, making it easier to get into a great listening chair :)

It would also be great to see your handy work Mick if you are willing to post the images?

Dan
Now: Accession M, CuSAT50, Spatia Cables + links
Later: Proprius
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
It's definitely worth a little DIY or contacting John Cadman for a suitable cable. I've driven my LCD2's from the Proprius amps in the past and found the sound very dynamic and full. To be fair the Solo ULDE puts out enough for quite loud listening levels.

Ash and Mick's tip is not just on headphones. Backing off the level control on the Proprius amps opens up the the range of usable settings on the Majestic level. I have fairly sensitive speakers and sit quite close of them so found late night listening ends up being right at the bottom of the Majstic volume pot otherwise.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic