FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Was I lied to at Uni??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was I lied to at Uni??
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 12:05pm
Just reading through a Hifi shops web site and stumbled on this statement.

I thought it was single ended supplies, biasing and warming up the living room.

Nice to seeing the public being told utter b******s.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 12:59pm
Thank you for outing such utter ignorance. People spend money with these loons relying on their every word.

Class A refers to an output stage which is biased to its midpoint such that it is in conduction at the maximum current expected to be delivered to the load. There are many others claiming pure class A which aren't class A at all. They are class AB which means they are biased to have part of the current flowing, so will be class A up to a particular volume level, after which they are class B. Usually this type of class A goes to 1 watt or less. Class A can be push-pull, and all pure class A are.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Ernie Ernie wrote:

Just reading through a Hifi shops web site and stumbled on this statement.

I thought it was single ended supplies, biasing and warming up the living room.

Nice to seeing the public being told utter b******s.

But the same site also has a blog entry entitled, "Who is Graham Slee and why do we love his stuff?".
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:18pm
Good on them but this isn't about Graham, it's about farcical statements. The general public aren't daft, there isn't any need to provide a fable or fairy store about a technology. Say it how it is and if people are interested but don't understand there's Google and of course this forum.

Wrapping something up in myth doesn't help anybody make an informed decision. Don't mislead people with nonsense because you think they won't understand.

The site in question are great to business with btw. Which I why I found it so hard to believe they'd publish such twaddle!
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 5:14pm
Devil; deep blue sea. Caught between!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:00pm

The general public aren't daft, ...

Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree with you more strongly.

Wrapping something up in myth doesn't help anybody make an informed decision.

Agreed, but people don't want to be informed. People are all to easily misled; it's the world we live in.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Agreed, but people don't want to be informed. People are all too easily misled; it's the world we live in.

So basically being conned - lied to - so that people can take our money under false pretenses, is yet another thing we have to get used to; along with trucks and vans being driven at crowds; acid being thrown in people's faces; bombs on the underground and in theatres. Stands to reason I suppose.Ermm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic