FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Gijo1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gijo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
Hey Guys, Thanks for the feedback.

I finally have now sat down and done some testing.... WOW, what a difference it made to just adjust which terminal the speaker cable is connected to.

I have connected mine with the positive cable connected to the HF terminal, spatia links arrows towards the LF posts and then the negative (black) speaker cable coming out of the LF post to the Amp.

The sound is now MUCH clearer and there seems to be the feeling of 'space' around instruments and voices sound like they are in a space... not too sure how to describe it? The best thing I heard was a trumpet which was in behind the Little River Band, and I could hear the musician playing, not just the trumpet sounding.

I am supper chuffed now. My speaker cables are A1, my Accession is A1 and burned in beautifully, the RP6/Dynavector 10x5 can sing, and my NAD Hybrid AMP seems to be playing really nicely with the rest of the team!

Great work on the gear Graham, John, Leo and the rest of the team there in the UK. Also a shout out to the Aussie loaner program for giving me the chance to listen to nearly all of the gear prior to purchase.

Dan 

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

I do mine like this, arrows mark the flow of signal

Red cable to the bass/mid terminal and the black to the treble, with the jumpers arranged accordingly, bass to treble on the red (or +) side of the crossover, treble to bass on the black (or -) side.
With my speakers, I prefer this to any other way of connecting and even to bi-wiring.

Dave, I've tried this and the opposite (+ to HF first, - to LF first). I prefer your suggestion, thank you.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic