FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Connect new MacBook Pro to Majestic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 10:55pm
Hi Andrew,
    I use the smaller M2Tech HiFace 2 USB/COAX converter.

http://lnx.m2tech.biz/it/products/pens/hiface-two/

It's way cheaper and does an excellent job. I plug it into my MacBook Air, Lautus into that, straight into the Majestic.

Problem solved! There are cheaper versions from other companies, but my experience has been that they're poorly built in comparison to the M2Tech..
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 11:08pm
Is there scope for Graham to build a simple but high quality stand alone DAC?

I have a small cheap dac with optical link in and RCA output to amp for my tv. I get good results but sure I could get better results with better engineering.

Bitsize doesn't appear to fit bill and no headphone needed.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:02pm
Why not use a Raspberry Pi and Digi+ and MoOde software to feed SPDIF to your Majestic. you can then use Airplay or stream from any device connected to your network. Best of all worlds and ata fraction of the cost of the D to D device mentioned. SQ from the Pi and Digi+ is quite excellent.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:47am
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Why not use a Raspberry Pi and Digi+ and MoOde software to feed SPDIF to your Majestic. you can then use Airplay or stream from any device connected to your network. Best of all worlds and ata fraction of the cost of the D to D device mentioned. SQ from the Pi and Digi+ is quite excellent.
+1
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:27pm
If you can get a Squeezebox Touch on eBay this is also excellent. This is especially true if you want to stream the music from your computer into a Majestic from the squeezebox. You get a fantastic sound if it is set up properly.
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic