FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Vinyl comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 4:29am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:19pm
Having recently peered at various styli through a 250x microscope and tried to examine tham at 800x, I was reminded just how tiny the tips are and how wonderful records players are. Any dust that lands on the record can probably be cleaned off but otherwise will be heard through a hi-fi as noise. As Graham wrote above dirt that has been cut or impressed into the surface due to contamination of the media used in the process stages will leave its sound permanently in the record we receive.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:34pm
i've been hearing about HD vinyl records anyone got any news on this if and when it's coming
one thing i know it'll be expenive i bet
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:54pm
In what context?
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:10pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:23pm
Doesn’t sound very likely or anything I would wish to be concerned about. If someone has a spurious idea let’s try and patient it!
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:03am
I for one am (mostly) happy about the vinyl comeback. I feel so much more connected to the music being able to physically touch it, and actually like having to get up and flip the record. Vinyl is rarely background music to me. I am almost always listening, unlike digital, especially files. Where I'm not quite so happy is with the some rising costs on vintage records, but I think overall even that is worth it because it has kept some used record shops in business and opened others. Also, Discogs is am great resource for vinyl, and maybe wouldn't have nearly the number of sellers with such variety without incentive for profit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic