FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bi-Wiring speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
LostnAmerica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostnAmerica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bi-Wiring speakers
    Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 8:39pm
Greetings all!  Just a quick question regarding the sonic differences or recommendations with either cabling with quality speaker bi-wires, (1 pair of bananas/spades on amp end and a double set of bananas/spades for the speaker end Or, using a quality set of the bi-wire jumpers? The equipment I will be using is a BC Acoustique ex332D (which only has one pair of speaker terminals)and a pair of (soon to acquire) ProAc Tablette 10's.
Thanks for your advice!

Cheers,

Chester

BC Acoustique ex 332D, Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD, Technics SL-DD22, amp (GSC se loaner on the way), Audioquest Rocket 33's

Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 9:37pm
Hi, I have used in wired cables for a over 25 years. At the time I found bi-wiring superior (cannot remember the specifics) and when I investigated a cable change 3-5 years ago.

Again I cannot recall the specifics but generally sounded better.

My current cables are constructed with a negative and positive cable which are was split at the speaker end to 4 bananas per speaker.

One thing I do recall was using WBT spades and bananas; when using the spades the bass in particular was thick and heavy which dissapeared when using the Wbt bananas.

I used the spades for the reasons you ellude to - to use two plugs in a single terminal.

One other option could be to have the cable terminated in to a single plug.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostnAmerica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 2:59am
Thank you Richardl60, any info is useful to me as I am kinda new to this...Curious though, would a bi-wire jumper have the same result full speaker cables?  Or wood there be no discernible difference?  Thanks for your post and others that possibly might come. 

Enjoy the music!
Cheers,

Chester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 8:44am
Sorry I haven't tried but suspect not.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 8:45am
Best way is to try some.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
Hi there,
    I've tried various combinations. Using jumpers between terminals has always been the worst sounding option. However, the other options have been very, very close. At the moment I use one single wired run of Spatia speaker cable and then short runs of the same to connect things at the speaker end. This has the advantage of being able to spend your money on the best single wired run you can, having to only fork out for a little bit of cable to hook yourself up.

I've also tried single one end and split at the other, but it was more expensive and I honestly felt there was not a reliably identifiable improvement, or even difference.

Still, as with all these things, your mileage may vary! I'm about to move to a smaller speaker that's single wired. I won't need to think about it anymore!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostnAmerica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 5:22pm
Thank you Aussie Mick.  Sounds like that is what I will do, single run and small  sections (jumpers) of like cabling to match.  Thank you again.

Cheers, and happy listening!
Chester

LostnAmerica
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic