FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

2:1 Step Up Device for low output cartridges.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:04pm
At some point and on my list of things to do, I will be making a high output phono stage to suit those who insist on using insensitive valve amps. Such a device needs a very high supply voltage so that the signal doesn't clip. Actually it needs more than the usual 36 volts which opamps work on, and so requires the use of a ranging supply. I had thought of incorporating it into the "big Accession". I had also thought about giving each input (yes, this will have inputs for two cartridges) its own level control. Therefore it will do exactly what you're looking for. We will be happy to accept trade-ins Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Graham, I had missed this discussion!

If you will ever make such a phono stage, let's call it a "Reflex M+":

- innovations introduced to of the Accession for the RIAA equalization kept separate from amplification (your patent, in short - no need for selectable equalization curve or "flat", though)
- selectable gain (let's say 40 dB, 44 dB, 48 dB for MM)
- mono switch
- selectable resistive and capacitive loading via easy front switches (no rear mini-switches)
- no volume pot (unless used to select the gain!)

... well, you already have a customer!

Smokeyjoec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokeyjoec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 1:55am
What about an Accession (simplified) with variable output gain and switches for capacitance, mono and 2 outputs without the numerous RIAA curves.  I’m not sure how much that would simplify the circuit design and reduce the costs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic