FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has NOT impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:49pm
Yes it plays to bring your own!bI never owned a minidisk player but have various bits of obsolete/vintage tech. I suspect I am not alone in that.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:54pm
I've never owned a minidisc player either, but somewhere I've got a cassette walkman...ugh...cassettes...those weren't the days!
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:56pm
I still have a few of the cassette players and a Sony Diskman. And various MP3 players.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:56pm
The crap I had to listen to at work today.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 7:09pm
Pop music is rarely dad music that we'd choose to hear!
Jon

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 2:29pm
I'm a very big fan of Blondie but this CD "Blondie Live in Boston 1978" on the TimeLine label is terrible, for one think in the car I usully have the volume set at 32 but with this recording I had to put it all the way up to 48 and sometimes it could of needed morewhich was annoying and in A lot of parts it sounded muffled (I have got other albums by this label all of which are very good) now this maybe down to the recording at the time but this should of been taken into account at the studio or not released at all. I'm very dissapointed.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 3:54pm
Oh dear, sorry to hear that, Jon. Unfortunately there is a tendency for the music industry to scrape up anything and everything indiscriminately, especially if there is a perceived completist market. Sound quality at live music venues is notoriously poor in my experience. I wonder who recorded it for what purpose if it's been lying around for 44 years? (I'm assuming it hasn't been released before.) If the band's performance is good though, try not to give up on it straight away, you may find it becomes more listenable with familiarity.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic