FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What speakers do you use with your Proprius?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What speakers do you use with your Proprius?
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 2:09am
Dear All,
   I'm stoked with the performance of my electronics and it's now time to consider something a little different for speakers. I've owned my NotePerfect Ovations since 2000 and I've loved them, but I'm wanting to try something a little different.

So, can you tell me what speakers you use with your Proprius and the general strengths you perceive in the combination?

Cheers,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:50am
For the last couple of years Monitor Audio GX300's with Spatia internal wiring and my crossover level mods. I have also had the Proprius connected to GX100's, an old set of AE 505's, and a variety of test speakers. The amps work wonders with anything.

I have the Proprius amps next to the GX300's using very short speaker cable runs and balanced cable for the longer run from Majestic to Proprius amps. I recommend trying this if you can.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 6:32pm
I have had my Monitor Audio SR6 floorstanding speakers for more than twelve years now, and I think they make a very nice couple with the Proprius. A very well-balanced and rounded (?) sound - even if a bit (too)bright maybe, now and then(?) But I am thinking about stepping up to a 'better' pair of speakers. I am not certain yet which ones I would prefer/choose, but possibly Monitor Audio, because I love their general sound signature.
Jan

Majestic DAC
Proprius
Gram Amp 2 SE
Solo SRGII
Solo ULDE
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally ProAc Response One SE monitors but lately Frugal Horn XL kit speakers. They have usurped the ProAcs (which I can't quite believe).

Proprii power either with easy.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:05pm
I don't yet have a pair of Proprii (shouldn't be too long now). They'll be with a pair of Spendor A5s. Having heard "the boy's" Frugal Horn 3s, I'd love to try the XLs, but there just isn't the space in the sitting room.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
aurimas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurimas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:01am
Hi. How did you find them driving Spendor A5s? Or anyone else with lower sensitivity speakers?
I will be in the market for a new amp in a couple of weeks and Majestic with Proprius seem very intriguing. I think I will give Jon a shout once I get back from holiday in 2 weeks time to see if I can try this combination.

Regards,
Aurimas
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:34pm
A loan would definitely be the best way to go! 

My Proprii drive some PMC Gb1i speakers, but these are pretty efficient. Fantastic sound, with Graham's Spatia speaker cable too Wink.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic