FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Boy Girl Ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boy Girl Ban
    Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 8:00am
Have you heard the news that the gender descriptions boy and girl are bad and cause gender confusion? Campaigners want an end to the b-word and the g-word in schools. Does that mean it will eventually spread to the greater vocabulary?

If so, what are the songs, the song titles and the lyrics contained in them which will have to be reworked, or just simply have to be banned?

Here's two to start you off...

Elvis: I Just Can't Help Believin' (this time the ???? is going to stay)

The Beatles: Girl

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 8:45am
The person from Ipanema

This list could run and run so I'll stop there Tongue
Derek
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:15am
Campaigners need to get a life.

(and stop trying to dictate everyone else's)

Edited by Ash - 15 Dec 2016 at 9:25am
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:33am
Haircut 100 - Favourite Shirts

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:05pm
"The Alpha Humans are back in Town" - Slight Framed person named Elizabeth
" Ethnic-colour Eyed child-bearing person" - Van Someone called Morris' Alpha-child
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
musicdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
I can't hear this crap about gender this and gender that anymore! It's very simple, boys have a penis and girls have a vagina! Period!
Andy

ProJect Xtension 10 with Clearaudio Charisma V2, GA2 SE, Majestic DAC, CuSat50, Yamaha CD-S1000, Yamaha M-80, Revel F-52.
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:16pm
I generally try not to get political, but this is pure science, basic biology. Gender is clearly defined and determined by x and Y chromosomes, regardless of changing social thought. 

There are so many ways that this could disrupt music and communication. So many classics...
"Oh Boy"
"My Girl"
"Sharp Dressed Man"
"Pretty Woman"
"The girl is mine"
"Something" (in the way SHE moves...)
etc..

No matter what society decides about the words, or even the concepts, biology will not be changed, and I, for one, will not change the music I listen to nor the words I use to describe truth. I will not be intentionally offensive, but I will speak the truth in love.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic