FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CuSat or Lautus from TT- Reflex- Amp'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
latinaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latinaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CuSat or Lautus from TT- Reflex- Amp'
    Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 1:16am
Hi. 
I recently bought a Green Reflex M (extensive review posted on this forum).
It sounds incredible, so I will take the upgrade path: PSUI plus GS interconnects.
But I read that the capacitance is critical in the phono-preamp to amplifier connection, so I need advice about which better suits this link: the CuSat 50 or the Lautus? Why? Further comments?
And from turntable to Reflex?
Thanks!

"Music nourishes the spirit"
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 7:27am
Hi Francisco
Good decision, the PSU1 is the perfect partner for your Reflex M !!

Capacitance is indeed important between the turntable & phono amp (moving magnet cartridges) but much less so after the phono. Both CuSat and Lautus have a very low capacitance of 55pf/m so either can be used, however it is most common that the interconnect between turntable & phono amp is 1m or shorter so that cable capacitance is near the 100pf mark.

Lautus is designed to address the issue of intermodulation harmonics which could occur on longer length interconnects, therefore is available at 1.5m or above. CuSat would be ideal for shorter lengths and it would be my recommendation between turntable & Reflex (where the TT has RCA female connectors) - either an off-the-shelf length or can be custom made, contact John C or Graham to get a quote.

If your Reflex M is close to your preamp, I would use CuSat and if it's more than 1.5m away, I would use Lautus.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 12:43pm
My personal preference is for the Cusat50. The differences are very subtle and it took me a while to come to a definite conclusion, but put simplistically the Lautus perhaps has a slightly fuller bass & in my system I feel the slightly leaner sound of the Cusat50 works better.  In all other respects, transparency etc, I'd say the cables are much the same.

As Andrew says for the Lautus to do its thing it needs to be 1.5m or more in order for the ferrites to be positioned at the calculated positions. I prefer to keep my cables short.

Edited by DaveG - 28 Oct 2016 at 12:44pm
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:49pm
Shorter is best on the analogue cables I've tried.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
latinaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latinaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 4:55am
Thanks all for the info.
My TT is very near my Reflex, and the Reflex is only 1 meter away from the Integrated amp.
So I will use CuSat 0,6 from TT to Reflex and 1 mt from Reflex to amp.
I will review them as soon as they arrive, to let you know my experience and to enrich the forum members knowledge Smile
"Music nourishes the spirit"
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 2:15pm
Reviving this thread with a question. 

Drewan77 said: “Both CuSat and Lautus have a very low capacitance of 55pf/m so either can be used, however it is most common that the interconnect between turntable & phono amp is 1m or shorter so that cable capacitance is near the 100pf mark.”

I am making a similar decision with regard to cables from TT to Reflex M with PSU1. Can you clarify: if the capacitance of Lautus is 55pf/m, then how will 1 m keep capacitance near 100pf mark? Shouldn’t it be 2m? 

I also have a Solo ULDE and do most listening with headphones. Any considerations I should have for cables in this setup?

Thanks! 
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 1:08pm
Hi David,
Hope that helps, there are several discussions along the same line, I think that is the latest.
Happy Listening
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic