FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Speaker Advice for Bitzie System (Take II)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 35>
Author
KJFAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJFAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 7:31am
Oh, and meant to say you won't need caps on the drivers to protect them from DC, they can stand a bit. In fact on my 4 way actives at home I don't use any caps on the tweeters either, my amps can't fail to DC though and the tweeters are just a little more bullet proof than the neo you are using.

Edited by KJFAudio - 06 Dec 2016 at 7:37am
UK/EU dealer for Mark Audio Drivers and Manufacturer of speaker kits
KJFAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJFAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 9:53am
For those of you still following I made Graham some speaker boxes up to short cut him to getting a listen. Just running them in at home but am hoping to get a listen on one of Graham's systems at his soon.

miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:03am
Nice. What drivers are they, Stefan?
KJFAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJFAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:52am
They are the Pluvia 7 which is one of our mid range drivers in this size. They are in a sealed 8ish litre box here made from bits I had laying around from another prototype that just happened to be the right size.

Listening to them now with a list of songs Graham sent me, and they are sounding pretty good. Of course they don't dig really deep in this cabinet but the brief was for timing and they seem to be doing a good job of that which is what full range sealed speakers, especially ones with cones this light are best at.

These will be great for smaller room where you can keep them as close to a wall as you want really.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 1:32pm
Looking forward to hearing what you both think when you've partnered them up.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
marshmid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 7:37pm
I would also value an opinion of these speakers.

Marsh
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 9:40pm
I'm looking forward to the demo too.

My system is on hold again at the moment as everything else in life is up in the air. Watching films over the past few weeks with my existing LCR set though (MK Sound LCR 950), I am starting to doubt if the Alpair 7M can reproduce the same thrilling experience. There is no contest for music (that was never a question) but I would need them to excel with films as well.

Not having heard the FH3 or Alpair drivers in my room with my own system, it's hard to be sure how they would compare but I think that the lack of midrange weight(?) is probably what does it. Annoyingly this is what makes them so stunning and transparent with music so I'm confused again, especially if I go for a sealed box with this system and get the horns for music only (if at all). The MKs have a 1" silk tweeter and 2x 5.25" drivers in a sealed cabinet; would 2x MA drivers per speaker be a better option? And would the 7M still be the better size or the 10M?

Stefan: You may have missed a previous post of mine but how do you feel the Pluvias compare to the Alpairs? Steve said he feels the HF is better on the Alpair 7M, hence he couples them with the Pluvia 7 on his new speakers. Not having heard them both individually, I haven't been able to compare but your opinion would be appreciated if possible please?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 35>
  Share Topic