FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

THE MORE THE BETA!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 2:55pm
Graham, yesterday I received the 2nd Beta Novo. I was getting worried since the last person was not responding to my communications (over 4 over a week's time). Doing this loaner/review programs are a pain in the behind, for example the last two reviewers claim that they got sick and could not post comments. It is disappointing because I extended their review period by two weeks in one case and by a week for the second person.

Oh well, I am listening to it and loving it. Thanks.
Miguel
Jitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 1:13am
I realise that I am a Newbie, but would be more than happy to test anything and report back.

Currently have Gram 2 phono and Solo SRG

Main system Project expression 1 turntable, cyrus kit (CD 8se, Dac x, Pre xvs, aPA 7.5 mono blocks - the Pre and Dac have PSX-r power supplies) Cables are:  interconnect Nordost mixture Red Dawn, Blue Heaven and Solar Wind, Speaker Cables - Kimber 8TC.  Speakers - Wilson Benesch Square 1.

I have three other systems - one is Cyrus Quattro with monoblock smartpowers into Dynaudio Audiance 52 speakers Interconnect - Missing Link with QED Silver Anniv. XT speaker cable
Next is (various CD players) into Cyrus one and Ruark Epilogue II speakers Interconnects (currently Chord silver sirens)  keep changing as do speaker cables
AV is ancient DVD player, Denon 1905 AV amp and quad 6.1 speakers TV is an excellent Toshiba tube TV (remember them - as far as I am concerned LCD has only just bettered it)

I also have iPOD nano (latest version) with Sennheiser PX100 earphones

I am also trying to build a vinyl/ valve (tube) based system for the study - but haven't got everything yet.  Probably Rogers Cadet, not sure of speakers and using elderly turntable.

The reason for listing all of this is to illustrate that I have a variety of systems that I can test things with and also that I am a born again hifi geek LOL
...... and that's my opinion, take or leave it
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 1:24am
Hi Jitter,

Please remind me when we do our next beta test.

Graham
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
jonclancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonclancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 8:43pm
Hi Graham,

I'd love to be included in the next Beta rounds, please.  At the moment, the system is a CD/Tuner front end.  I have my phono stage completed for MM, but not cased up.  No TT running as yet, either, so It'll be headphone amps and pre-amps (when it comes) for me.... Wink

Speakers are IPL TLs and move a reasonable amount of air!

Many thanks!

Jon
Andy9672 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy9672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 12:04pm
Hi Graham,
Deffinately up for some testing!
I have a Technics SL1200, Rega Apollo, Audio Analogue Pre-Power combo running Dali Ikon 1 speakers. I also have a Solo with PSU1.  Oh and it runs on it's own spur from the CU. I plug everything into a power conditioner/6way adaptor, apart from teh Solo that gets its own socket on the spur.
Thanks

Andy
Solo psu1
Rega Apollo
AT W1000
Technics SL1200
mandarintje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandarintje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 11:59am
I would be more than delighted to help out Beta testing. I lost faith in W**t HiFi magazine, when I tried out some of their 5 star products... particularly the B&W A5,A7 and Zeppelin old and new.  I thought they sounded absolutely awful.  Perhaps good in the context of their genre.

*not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name =)
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 2:47pm
The name probably isn't worth mentioning... I'm not even an engineer and I'm already sick of seeing wannabes masquerading as professionals... Angry Most of them haven't got a clue. They're not scientists; they're business people with a hidden agenda and I'll tell you now that the agenda doesn't include your musical satisfaction... Wink

I wish they'd stop their ridiculous facade and just go home. Geek
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic