FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New member in Leytonstone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 5:26pm
Welcome from me too Peter.
I don't think you'd go wrong with any amp, but with the standard of your system you might
want to consider the Era Gold & up as the lads have said.

They all sound great with all types of music but as you go up the range you get a more open
'3D' sound amongst other things.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 6:16pm
From my experience of a PT over 30 years ago I am sure the GSP phono stages will compliment the PT, the further up the range the greater the benefit -they do appear to allow the best out of whatever you feed in.
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 7:04am
Peter, Welcome to the club. I think you have a nice table. Worthy of a really nice phonostage. Try and listen to the Era-Gold a very nice preamp. What speakers are you using? You should also check out the Vinyl Engine website. They have a Pink Triangle group that can give you a lot of good info.
Sturgus
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
Frank Furter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Furter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:33am
Hi Sturgus, thanks for the welcome. My speakers are old, a pair of Musical Fidelity MC4s, bought secondhand about 25 years ago. They still sound good, I have them mounted on Soundstage stands filled with iron filings. The cables are Van Den Hul Clearwater. I've recently moved my hifi system from the living room to a spare bedroom which I use as a study. The room is small, about 3 x 4 sq m. So I have to place the speakers close to the wall. In theory this shouldn't work at all, but it does, they don't sound boomy at all. Maybe that's because these days I don't turn the volume up high on the amp.
And thanks for the tip about the PT group at Vinyl Engine.

Frank Furter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Furter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:34am
Correction - I meant Soundstyle stands.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic