FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello from Sweden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:02pm
Welcome Simon, you'll find us a friendly and sometimes knowledgeable bunch.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

sometimes knowledgeable bunch.
WackoLOL
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 6:47pm
We don't know all the answers, but probably know someone who d£s.
Wink
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Razamanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razamanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Welcome Simon, you'll find us a friendly and sometimes knowledgeable bunch.

Haha, right... I'd still choose that over the other way around.
I might put your knowledge (and patience) to the test down the road when I start to ask silly questions.
For now I'm just going to lurk a bit to soak up whatever is here already and figure out the forum etiquette so I don't make a complete fool of myself.
Thanks again for having me.
Simon

"And some people say it's just rock n' roll
Oh, but it gets you right down to your soul"

(Push The Sky Away, Nick Cave)
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 3:56am
Simon, glad to have you here. You came to the right spot for a nice phonostage. When you start up again what will you be using to spin your Vinyl?
Sturgus
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
Razamanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razamanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 2:33pm
Thanks Sturgus.
I have an old Lenco L75 that I have made some small modifications to. It's in really good condition, if I may say so myself. Wink
The arm is currently fitted with an Audio Technica AT95 cartridge. I also have a headshell with a Shure M75 cart for which I have several different styli, but I don't use it much. Another two headshells are in a drawer, waiting to be equipped. I have been looking at something like a Nagaoka MP110 as it should be suitable for the Lenco's slightly odd tonearm. I'm open for other suggestions too, but will most likely stick to MM carts.
After that comes the phono pre, which will be kicked out (it's a cheapo and "anything" would probably be an improvement, but when I upgrade I want it to be right).
The amp and speakers were bought as a package deal when I was a student (and on a student's budget) about ten years ago. Speakers are Dali Lektor 2 and the amp... is it ok to mention it here?
The amp would probably be next in line (after the phono pre) for replacing and speakers might come after that. Some floor-standers would be nice, but I'm not sure what the wife would think. LOL

So I'm not just trying to find a phono pre to match my current system, but something that can also keep up with improvements in the rest of the chain.
As far as external factors go, the system is in the living room and used by the whole family (I'm the only one playing vinyl, but the system is also used for cd's, movies, streaming, video games etc). I'm lucky to have kids who love music as well and I don't want a system so exotic that I'm afraid to let them touch it. Even the five year-old plays cd's and spotify and I rather like it that way.
This will give you an idea of where I'm going - best possible sound in a normal family living room with decent user friendliness and without having to sell a kidney or two. Easy-peasy, right? Tongue
Simon

"And some people say it's just rock n' roll
Oh, but it gets you right down to your soul"

(Push The Sky Away, Nick Cave)
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:49am
Welcome, or välkommen, to the forum Simon!
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic