FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Loudspeaker EQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
Roughly speaking yes Ash. I should add that lots of passive crossovers have a resistor to balance the two drivers' outputs. Nothing is perfect.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:52pm
Yes, very different types of driver so the easiest way to equate their sensitivities.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:14pm
I am preparing to hard wire in some of my mods to the GX300's. I'll probably make the 2R2 on LF switchable, perhaps with an extra cut option for late night listening. The MF boost switching is rarely used to I'll probably just keep the +2dB option as a midrange spotlight but I have been enjoying a lower MF crossover so may add this as a switching option. On the tweeter I do occasionally use the -2dB teble cut and am thinking about a similar boost by switching out the stock resistor.

Today I tried out a lot of the options in order to find which ones were interesting and listenable with the right material. Other options were either inaudible or not to my liking.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic