FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession for Moving Coil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:28am
Graham i5 looks like I will be ordering an Audiomods from Jeff but will be asking him If he can use screened arm cable in the tube (don’t ask don’t get)

Woud I be right in thinking any screening needs earthing at the arm base earth - I am opting for a separate rather than continuous loom.

Kind regards

Richard
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 3:45pm
The screen should carry the '-' signals: cartridge to arm output; arm output to phono stage.

As the arm is (still) not part of the screen, it should be 'earthed' as normal (the little black wire).

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:42pm
Thanks graham, I will let you know how I get on.
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 4:57am
Got my spanky new Accession MC with the Enigma....have it all plugged in and warming up.....now to wait for 2 weeks before I put it to the test. In the meantime I need to complete my archival with the MM cart (Charisma 2). I am going to put the Accession MC to test with my most touchy expensive Palo Santos Presentation MC cart....it will be a trial by fire...some CBS records notorious for shrill vocals will be the first to hit that platter...
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by shashirao shashirao wrote:

.....now to wait for 2 weeks before I put it to the test

I really don't understand this!
It will sound great from the off.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:51pm
I'm with Chris, although I think you'd be doing it anyway. . Mine sounded very good from the start and refined over the weeks of listening.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 6:41pm
Not exactly a huge proponent or follower of the "burn in" concept because usually I am not sure if it is the equipment or my listening that is progressively improving...maybe both.

But Jon as you suspect, I am doing it anyways...my MM cart is setup perfect and I still have some archival work remaining to be completed. Also changing to an MC cart...will need a nice whole afternoon with tons of patience and whisky...and a few days of settling in.

Maybe I need to buy a 2nd turntable - one MM the other MC. Naah...I am in no rush...Accession MC will be a long patient journey of discovery.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic