New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is this what the younger generation wants to buy??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Is this what the younger generation wants to buy??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this what the younger generation wants to buy??
    Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 4:56pm
If this is the kind of audio equipment young people are buying and championing, count me out...

https://www.amazon.com/Mars-Crazybaby-Levitating-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B01694UG5O?

https://www.amazon.com/Devialet-Phantom-3000-Watts-Silver/dp/B01670RHTS

Maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel with this next one??

http://www.munrosonic.com/egg100/
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 5:11pm
This is where I started, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1YfSZDClE

cos all dis stuff is dope yo

an' da 3000 watts Big smile  pfft another small one

should be at least 10,000, just in case Shocked

Edited by Ash - 29 Jul 2016 at 5:16pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 5:46pm
I found this customer review about the second item you listed quite funny:

"There are certain chemicals available that will make even the crappiest speaker sound orders of magnitude better than this one.

They're cheap too. Ask around your local high school."

(LSD?)

I feel sorry for the younger generation who will go through life thinking that they have a more powerful home stereo than many a touring band's PA.

I feel aggrieved by the Advertising Standards Authority for having no authority (or balls) to stand up to such false advertising as shown in the claims for the said product (and many more). Much easier to go after the small guy eh?

And as for 3000 watts, surely they mean 3.000? 3kW is the maximum designed load on a British mains plug (and more than those in other countries). I think they have to be classed as liars just like all the others who sell table top devices (and such) claiming surreal power output - the output of 100 Vox AC30's in a plastic injection moulding ...

But with a generation of people with a supposedly better education than I ever had, not forgetting that most now go to university, I suppose it is easy to sell them dreams and make a vast fortune.

In the light of this mountain of BS shouting down and burying those with a conscience I am seriously thinking about what I do for my remaining years, and it might not be anything to do with audio. Perhaps it's time to hand over the reigns.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 8:09pm
I go and look at these kinds of products for the amusing reviews.

This next item, whilst nothing to do with audio, is probably my favourite reviewed item on Amazon, just for the reviewer who talks about the dog.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00ECZ5DS8/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 8:32pm
Thanks for this thread. It made me smile!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 10:22pm
Graham, if something doesn't have an app, young people typically aren't interested.

Your digital and amp products don't feature in-built wireless floating speakers or bluetooth that automatically syncs to their iTunes library. There's no linked Facebook/Snapchat/Tumblr/'ILoveMyself' apps so they can't upload their selfies online at the same time either. Not good enough I'm afraid. Your electronics work is pretty "dope" but doesn't Instagram, bass boost or remote control, which could be a game changer... Wink

What's a Tumblr anyway? A young person who has lost their balance of rational perspective? Confused
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

What's a Tumblr anyway? A young person who has lost their balance of rational perspective? Confused

I thought that was me ! in my youth and now it is certain !Wink
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic