FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Digital solution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:51pm
I bought a mains block that also has 5v 2.1A USB port. This killed 2 birds with one stone as I need extra sockets anyway. Everything seems to be running fine now. Ethernet connection is stable and it's good to be able to listen to the 400-500 cd's I have ripped after so long without. SQ is comparable with what I remember getting from my original setup. It's good but doesn't quite give me the goosebumps I get from my vinyl setup, but this is a £700 DAC & £100 worth of Pi bits vs what I have in my sig. I have played with the filters on my DAC a little, with some improvement and I intend to swap some cables around later to use Cusat rather than the Mogami XLR's I'm using while I get it all running. Pretty happy now. Main thing I miss is the option to browse by cover art and a proper random play capability.

Next up will have to be a pre-amp, I can see swapping cables when I change sources getting old really quick. I'll wait to see how the GSP pre develops, or perhaps I'll think about a Majestic
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:35pm
Good news!
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic