FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Digital solution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:25pm
Although a bit late to the thread I can recommend Moode Audio distribution with a PI, Tim does not have his own forum but has an active one on DIY Audio forum.

(Don't know if these are on Rune or Volumio also)
Access point mode.
Specialized Random Play.
UPNP + Openhome Support
BBC High res stream support out of the box (no minim)
Cross Fade support for Headphones

The other thing I like is that Tim only deals with the Raspberry PI so (in my mind) maybe quicker updates.

I have not done a side by side sound comparison though, maybe some of the others have.

The reason I initially picked Moode was that it was all done from the web front end with no file editing, although I have edited the config files for the UPNP renderer now.

Edit: missed feature.

Edited by ServerBaboon - 20 Jul 2016 at 10:42pm
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:25pm
That's not good. Did you check out http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 7:07am
Sounds like a faulty power supply from what you describe. Was it a Raspberry Pi power supply?
The Pi has its own protection in the form of polyfuses, which (should) reset when the overload is removed. A different supply might bring it back to life.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 8:41am
I had been tempted to try out a Pi but because my Synology NAS is only accessible in the music room by wifi (SQT), I was going to connect an unpowered external 2TB drive which is currently for music backup, connected to the Synology via USB.

However, it seems that the current draw to power a similar device may have caused Daves' issues so I'm not sure any more. I hope Dave manages to get everything back and running without further stress.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 1:46pm
I know some distributions have the ability to increase the current on usb port of certain devices.

Also there are people suggesting connecting storage via a powered hub.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 2:45pm
The psu was some very cheap 3rd party thing so I'll order a proper Rpi job. They are only a few quid anyway.  I might also get a powered USB hub to run the hard drive short term - I've seen this suggested on some forum or other. good thing is that Rune Audio did see my files, but the digi+ board wasn't automatically recognised... so no sound. 
Maybe I'll have a proper try at the weekend, after a day stuck in front of a pc usually the last thing I want to do is sod about with computer stuff when I get home Wink
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

good thing is that Rune Audio did see my files, but the digi+ board wasn't automatically recognised... so no sound. 
 Wink

Rather worrying to hear that the failure of the power supply took out a circuit breaker, how do these things get to market? Perhaps an issue for Trading Standards?
Dave, Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but don't forget to amend the config.txt file on your SD card by "uncommenting" the dt_overlay for the Digi so that it looks like this:
# Uncomment one of these lines to enable an audio interface
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dac
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus
Then enable the Digi on the Rune settings page accessed from the menu in the top right corner.
Then the RPi will recognise the Digi.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic