FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 2:11pm
Indeed. Just a quick question to those using their Proprius without a preamplifier. Where do you usually put the dial for a comfortable still fun listening volume? With the ESL-57s it's usually resting between 9-10 o'clock , just curious if this setting is low compared to most other types of speakers?
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:01pm
Just about normal to me. Sort of depends on room size though.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:49pm
Thanks Graham. But it can go all the way to 11 can't it?
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 6:46am
Usually somewhere between 9 and 10 for me too from the fixed output of my Accession. Good to know that they work well with ESL57s. I've long fancied trying electrostatics since a friend of mine found a pair of bronze coloured "radiators" in a skip many years ago. In good nick too and sounded great.

Edited by DaveG - 13 Feb 2017 at 6:47am
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by suede suede wrote:

Thanks Graham. But it can go all the way to 11 can't it?

Be careful not to break your ESLs Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 3:00pm
Graham, would I be able to run a Proprius pair from a car battery? Embarrassed 

I need to learn to drive and when I do, I'm going to want excellent car audio... Wink

Edited by Ash - 13 Feb 2017 at 3:01pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 3:11pm
4 car batteries wired in series, but don't short the amp outputs because the "power supply" won't "crowbar", and then you'll have to buy new fuses... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic