FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Humboldt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humboldt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proprius
    Posted: 16 May 2016 at 10:46pm
I have Proprius mono blocks at my home from the loaner program.
I picked them up today so I have not yet been able to spend much time listening.
But two things are already evident.
First: They have a very natural sound. Especially obvious when listening to acoustics music I think.
Second: For the price being asked, this must be among the best amplifiers possible to buy. I do not say it is the best amplifier in the world, but it is without doubt one of the best for the money. And you probably need to spend a lot more money if you want something significant better. Whatever better means. I am not certain you can find something that make you happier.    
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:41pm
Couldn't agree more. I have owned a Proprius now for about 5 days and it is remarkably good. In depth impressions to follow, but for now I'll just say the Slee way appears to be the right way. Yet again!!!
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:57pm
They are tremendous amplifiers, nice little boxes with a great big sound.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 2:34pm
Hey everyone,

I just got a new pair of Proprius amps two days ago and I thought I'd post here, in a few words, my first impressions. I'm using them without any preamp but connected straight to my Reflex M and they're driving a pair of QUAD ESL-57's.

Straight out of the box they sounded rather good to me, but even so I must admit there wasn't an immediate wow effect. Luckily I have some previous experience from getting a brand new Solo UL and a Reflex M, both of which I clearly recall changing quite dramatically in sound through the first few weeks, and especially so in the first few days - from being rather average sounding one day to sounding jaw-droppingly musical and emotive the next. Swinging back and forth in this way for a few weeks or fortnights even.
Well the Proprius sure is no different in this department it seems as today, after being powered up for nearly 48 hours and played for perhaps 6-7 out of those, they all of a sudden went from just sounding "good" to sounding (repeating myself here) jaw-droppingly musical and emotive. Suddenly they were warm and sweet, yet tight with effortless control of bass and with highs as clear as cool spring water. Anyone who's tried a GSP phono stage for the first time will know what I mean.

Now I know they will likely swing back to sounding rather less than their best before long, only to come right back again (and so forth). But knowing I'll be living with this kind of high fidelity music in my home permanently once the burn in period has finished is, simply put making me one very happy music lover!
I'll probably be posting more as they progress in their burn in and as I get better aquainted with them.
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 5:44pm
Wow - I'd have never thought about pairing the Proprius with Quad electrostatics! Shocked

No surprise they sound good though . . . and as you say better things to come as well. Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 6:25pm
Hi what were you driving the els57s with before?
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 10:14pm
It sounds like they have brought the best out of the ESL-57's. You already know how they will change over the next week or so by just being left on so I wish you very happy listening Johan.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic