FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

An Evening With the Cusat50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldschool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Evening With the Cusat50
    Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 7:41pm
There isn’t much I can say about these cables that hasn’t been said already so I’ll keep it simple. I purchased the Cusat50 to replace a disappointing pair of pricey ‘high end” interconnects by a very well-known brand. These pricey “high end” cables did improve sound quality but only minimally over the original pair they replaced. The sound stage width increased about a foot with good performance from average recordings and somewhat 3D at times with great recordings. Not the level of improvement I had hoped for.
For this review my girlfriend joined me to ensure I wasn’t just hearing what I wanted to hear. We listened to several cd’s of Blues, Jazz, Classic Rock and Latin music. Then I swapped the cables and we listened to the same cd’s. Immediately what stood out to us was the increased level of detail, particularly in the mids and highs over the “high end” cables. The highs were crystal clear, imaging better defined, bass was tighter and deeper. The sound stage wider with more depth, we were hearing details we hadn’t heard before from some of our cd’s and the voices…...the voices were so natural and life like! It only improved from there. As time went on the sound stage widened and deepened further. The speakers disappeared and what was left was holographic music floating in our living room. This is the improvement I was looking for! We listened to cd after cd for the next 6hrs, me with a grin on my face from ear to ear. These cables are fantastic!

Edited by oldschool - 03 Jun 2016 at 6:40pm
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 10:59pm
Eric, that's a great review that made me feel like I was there with you guys hearing the music. Thank you!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:13am
Eric: very grateful for the review, thank you.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:54am
High end at sensible prices Eric.Thumbs Up
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:02am
A good write up, Eric! Now try some Spatia speaker cables & links . . Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
oldschool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 12:45pm
Well I now consider myself fortunate for stumbling across GSP Audio. The amount of performance you get for your hard earned dollar make these cables an incredible value and to think that there is still more to be heard once the Spatia speaker cables and links arrive.

Eric
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by oldschool oldschool wrote:

. . . and to think that there is still more to be heard once the Spatia speaker cables and links arrive.
Here's a post about my first experience with the Spatia cables . . . Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic