FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

My Favorite Record Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Favorite Record Shop
    Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 11:01pm
I know we have music lovers from all over. Where do you like to get your Vinyl from? I live in the Midwest and this is one of my fav shops. What's yours?
http://www.euclidrecords.com/
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 11:52pm
rileys.newyorker on EBAY has a lot of very good vinyl at decent prices.
He is in New Jersey.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:02pm
My nearest record shop is 'Sound It Out' records as featured in the last record shop movie. Good new and second hand stock, friendly helpful staff. One of the best things about Stockton-On-Tees, Hi fi sound being another!

Edited by Fatmangolf - 11 Apr 2016 at 9:48pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:43pm
Fairly spoilt for choice round my neck of the woods. There's Casbah records in Greenwich, Wanted Music in Beckenham. Head and HMV in Bromley for new vinyl (I refuse to call them vinyls!!). All within about 1.5 miles. There's also the Orpington Record Fair once a month, though I've yet to remember which day it's on Embarrassed. So there are a couple of advantages to living in London

Still miss Beano's in Croydon though, could easily spend a day in there. You could even eat & drink there so you didn't have to leave!! Sadly it didn't last to see this vinyl revival.

Edited by DaveG - 08 Apr 2016 at 5:44pm
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
frimmers3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frimmers3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:20pm
I would unhesitatingly recommend Ben's records, in The Tunsgate, Guildford Surrey. A wealth of pre-owned vinyl/cd's ,a selection of new releases, all at sensible prices. As a bonus, the owner will "put by" titles for you as he becomes accustomed to your preferences . A big thumbs up!

Edited by frimmers3 - 08 Apr 2016 at 9:22pm
Rega P8, Exact m.m, Accession m. phono stage, Graham Slee /Chord interconnects, Dali Oberon floor standers.
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 5:21am
Look's like you guys across the way have some really nice shops. Maybe one day I will get a chance to get over there and do a little shopping.
Sturgus
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 5:06pm
Thank you for creating this thread Sturgus Thumbs Up

Record shops have given me many friends and other acquaintances over the years and this includes the proprietors of quite a few local ones which I regularly support:

VOD Music Mold - Colin
Grey 'n Pink Chester - Mike
Moonlight Wrexham - Brian
Convoy Frodsham - Rupert

I consider myself very fortunate that I am part of a healthy and vibrant music loving community and also that we (mostly) have very tolerant wives who encourage us. On visiting one of those stores above, I often find that someone has made me a CD, left a recommendation of music to try, a forthcoming gig that we will meet at, or sometimes a sample of 'new' vinyl cleaning fluid to try, once even a high magnification monocle for inspecting a stylus! The most recent & bizarre was a bag behind the counter containing the return of two LPs I had lent out plus various baby clothes & a pack of unused Pampers nappies for our new Granddaughter (another shopper whom I know, saw one of the LPs and commented that the nappies were because of my s**t music taste!)

Next Saturday, I and one of my mates will be queuing from 2:30am Saturday morning for Record Store Day and even at this ungodly hour the atmosphere will be fantastic, catching up with other regulars (some of whom have been coming every year as we do), sharing flasks of coffee, bacon butties etc, listening to the various local musicians who set up in the street and then about 7am, all the nearby coffee shops start bringing out free bits 'n bobs for us to sample. Whilst queuing we also have a ritual where we share 'wanted' lists backwards in the queue & if there are people who will purchase fewer than the max 10 quota, we help each other out and buy for them too, with money changing hands later in the day.

There is also a second hand record fair, several bands playing in the same venue and everything finishes early afternoon where a large group of us take over a local cafe (ie why several attempt to 'bribe' us in the morning) & compare purchases, hand over & pay for anything we owe to each other etc. We all go home happy, broke and knackered.

I also recommend anyone who is keen on music and wants to support Indie shops, to download the 'Vinyl District' app to their smartphone - it gives you the location & distance to any premises selling music in your vicinity. I use it all over the world - in fact in Boise Idaho last week, I not only discovered 'The Record Exchange' (fabulous place where I was 'compelled' to purchase a big haul of second hand LPs, mostly $2-$6 ea) but it happened to be part of the 3 day Treefort Music Festival & I saw a few local bands too.

Please support Record Store Day next Saturday 16th April if you can.....
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic