FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Sennheiser HD 800 S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sennheiser HD 800 S
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Originally posted by msphil msphil wrote:

I extend an open invitation to anyone on the forum who happens to be passing Chesterfield in Derbyshire to call in and listen if you would like to hear any of my hi-fi stuff.

Been there, done that! I can recommend it.

Thanks! You'll be pleased to know that since I started using Grahams PSU on the Squeezebox Touch and after a couple of other small tweaks it sounds even better now.

'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by msphil msphil wrote:

I extend an open invitation to anyone on the forum who happens to be passing Chesterfield in Derbyshire to call in and listen if you would like to hear any of my hi-fi stuff.

Been there, done that! I can recommend it.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:32pm
I use a pair of Grado PS1000 streamed through a Squeezebox Touch to a Majestic and then on to a Solo ULDE I always used GSP connecting leads. I have recently started using a decent PSU into the Squeezebox Touch. I have to say that the headphones are absolutely great with this setup. I have tried a variety of quality headphones in the past and I haven't found better. Hope this helps. I extend an open invitation to anyone on the forum who happens to be passing Chesterfield in Derbyshire to call in and listen if you would like to hear any of my hi-fi stuff.
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
ROMPerformance View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROMPerformance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:08pm
It's been quite some time since i've posted anything here, i hope you don't mind me chiming in. I have a set of HD800's with custom memory foam earpads and a double helix silver cable. They are hooked up to a Solo ULDE and they sound absolutely fantastic.The solo is fed via a majestic DAC. The latest HD800S would have to be significantly better/different for me to upgrade to what looks to be a pretty similar headphone thats had some tweaking.   As much as i love Sennheiser, and i have a set of 540 Ref 2's as well that i love to bits and use away from home or in bed, hooked up to a Voyager amp. However, i have my eyes formly set on Grado. I hope it's a good move.

Edited by ROMPerformance - 11 Jan 2018 at 10:10pm
Francis :0)
Majestic DAC, Proprii, Solo ULDE, Voyager, Libran, Lautus, Spatia,, Cyrus CD XT SE2, Cyrus PSX-R, Sennheiser HD 800 and 540 Ref2, Harbeth SHL5
D3savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm
Hi I have a pair of HD800s and have just ordered a new Solo ULDE ... I was concerned but you have put my fears to rest chears   
Gary View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:45pm
I've been using a pair of HD 800S with a Solo ULDE and PSU1 for about a month now. The 800S were a worth while upgrade from HD700 and the Solo ULDE makes them sound wonderful.
Solo ULDE, CuSat50, Spatia Links
taje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:54pm
Hello everyone, I got my HD800S recently. Has anyone tried pairing it with SOLO SRGII?Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic