FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Brilliant and Gorgeous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 12:59pm
Nothing like a bit of nostalgia, is there?

I can remember Workers' Playtime on the Home Service, too - though possibly in the 60s (?). 

That turntable looks interesting, too. (I had a problem with the link, but here's the PDF they have . . .)
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 2:23pm
The Prelude turntable as pictured in the pdf is fitted with what looks like a Hana SL and Origin Live Silver tone arm which, coincidentally, is the same combination I use. 

I wonder if they do a loan scheme on the turntable... Disapprove 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 2:34pm
What turntable do you use, Malcolm? 

I wonder what price the Planalogue will come in at? I guess they think there's a market for a newcomer. I hope it sounds as good as it looks Wink.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:45pm
My turntable might also qualify for the nostalgia label as it started life as a Rega Planar 2 in 1987, the only original parts remaining are the lid and motor. It's for the reason of the latter I was interested in Graham's recent rim drive experimentation.

The Prelude certainly was finished to an impressive standard with a high gloss black finish which would match my PMC speakers nicely! Peter Laitt of Planalogue did ask me what price did I think; actual retail less arm and cartridge was quoted as £2395 which appeared competitive.

And it sounded good too as he played a track familiar to me on a record I'd just bought there.

A favourite jazz cd of mine is At First Light by Norwegian vocalist Silje Nergaard which was released 15 years ago. Found a vinyl version of this at the show, lacquer cut in Germany and pressed by Pallas but curiously released in Korea in 2014 on the Universal label. It was track 2 that was played on The Prelude with Hana SL, not sure on the electronics and speakers.

Sounds good in my front room too (I have a Reflex C).

Probably even better with an Accession MC! Tongue    
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 5:26pm
A bit like Trigger's broom, then . . . Wink

Will have to keep an eye out for reviews of the Prelude. Hopefully it will do well out in the big wide world.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic