FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Review Reflex C & Lautus Interconnects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
CAIQUEMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAIQUEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Reflex C & Lautus Interconnects
    Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:17pm
Well thought i should review some of my thoughts on the Reflex C & Lautus Interconnects,which i recieved from Jon.Firstly never having had a phono stage before i was hoping for an improvement,not that i have hi end hi-fi,but i have kept the same equipment for about 30 years.It has been not used for 10years,but recently i have had the Amp serviced,the turntable had an overhaul,speaker cables upgraded,CD Player repaired,and interconnects replaced.Next logical step a Phono Stage.
Never told the wife about the loan as she think hi-fi is snobby bullsh*t,she has been round dealers in the past with me,and has her opinion,so she tells me the postmans been with a package,thats when i break the news,so off i go and connect it all up,about 45 mins she appears,the dreaded question Do You Notice Any Difference,i did not answer her,one week before, i bought a very good album she had been wanting for a while,and we had been playing it quite a lot,so i put it on the deck for her to listen to,and she said almost immediately THERE IS A DIFFERENCE ISN'T THERE.Big smileWink  
So the next 2 weeks were spent playing as many albums as i could with the new set up.Now i have just sent everything back and i am starting to play the albums again and what i notice it's a bit of a mish mash now,the bass is not as defined,the music seems to overlap,and the general quality of the sound is a lot weaker,in other words there is a big difference,just listening to Queen The Miracle,as i did last night with the Reflex and it's harsh compared to last night,sorry if i cant be more definitive about the Reflex and Luteus but these are my thoughts.Now i just need to persuade SantaWink
Thanks to Jon & Graham for the loan
ALAN
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:48pm
Thanks for posting this review Alan, you've captured my experience exactly and probably that of others here. I also envy you your wise wife - "she said almost immediately THERE IS A DIFFERENCE ISN'T THERE."
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
CAIQUEMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAIQUEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:52pm
Just an addition to my review of useing the Reflex C i did notice a few times when the album had finished and  when i was going to move the arm back,i got  kinda  beeps through a speaker for about 5 -10 secs.I have never had this before any thoughts what might have caused this.?
ALAN
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:58pm
I don't know. It may be interference being amplified. What equipment is nearby please?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
CAIQUEMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAIQUEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:45pm
Hi Jon,There are 2 computers 3mts away wi-fi ,bog standard surge protected six way mains adaptor,and a arcam cube,but this was never powered up when the records were on,and thats it
ALAN
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:58pm
Was there a mobile phone near by?
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
CAIQUEMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAIQUEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:01pm
Re the Reflex C Loan,i have just turned the deck off as the sound from the albums now are
 irritating me,seems like this trial has unsettled my sonic ear,oh wellLOL

ALAN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic