FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession phono stage review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

"Please note: GSP Audio Phono Stages are not available outside the UK".

Excellent review/recommendation, but where did they get that idea from?

In time honoured fashion, all together now  -  Oh Yes they are.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:21pm
Can someone reach out to the magazine on correcting their statement. GSP Audio is available outside the UK too. I am a certified customer in the US Smile

Back to the Accession, it has been over a month now. And I have not been very vocal on this forum...and the reason? The Accession.

The Elevator/Accession have settled in nicely. The results I get with my vinyl playback is....something akin to playing a CD. Not the sound quality of course. But that absolute silence and lack of noise during playback.

It is amazing that these same very vinyls were so noisy for so many decades. Looks like the minions have done a fine job fixing those grooves.

The Accession sound is very realistic when it comes to playing back acoustic instrument. One gets to hear them the way they are played live. From the subtle beats of the congas to the slide and glide of the fret or fingers over the guitar strings.

The big difference between the Accession and the Revelation to me is that the Accession seems to re-layer the sounds more accurately. Somehow the balance between the instruments is much better and realistic. The vocals are where they are supposed to be...I can hear the breathing of the singer (if there is any - accidental or incidental)...both with the Reflex and the Accession. But the Accession provides more context to that incident. You hear it and assimilate that sound or incident in relationship to the overall composition.

The Accession simply astounds with the magnificent replay of the vinyl. It does not shock or draw your attention to any particular aspect. It allows you to focus on the playback instead, enjoy the performance. And most times...the playback is something that I have never heard that piece played like that before. Most definitely a game changer. Also makes me wonder...what the heck remains in improvement? I mean there is only so much that these vinyls can deliver :) 

Time for Accession to ascend the popularity charts... 
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:25pm
+1Thumbs Up
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:42pm
On rereading OLs Ts & Cs it appears that they only offer GSP phono stages for sale in the UK.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Shashirao Shashirao wrote:

The Accession simply astounds with the magnificent replay of the vinyl. It does not shock or draw your attention to any particular aspect. It allows you to focus on the playback instead, enjoy the performance. And most times...the playback is something that I have never heard that piece played like that before. Most definitely a game changer. Also makes me wonder...what the heck remains in improvement? I mean there is only so much that these vinyls can deliver :) 
Well said, Shashi! Thumbs Up This deserves to be quoted on the Accession's web page . . .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

On rereading OLs Ts & Cs it appears that they only offer GSP phono stages for sale in the UK.

That explains it.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 10:39pm
they are a UK dealer and will only be allowed to sell in the UK to protect Graham's overseas dealers?

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic