FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession phono stage review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:23pm
Thanks Graham. I am not sure whether my point came over as intended. It had meant to better understand the process (which you have answered well) and potentially to gain the credence the forum comments have earned to a wider audience (I.e. Support the product) which I believe all GSP products have done that I have seen.

I agree with everything you have said on thought processes involved in buying new gear and the pitfalls of the 'industry'.

There will be many people who haven't experienced Your products so would never get near the loaner programme though.

Reliance on good dealers as I did at hi-if sound in Stockton led me to your products though do remember my trawling reviews to validate my ears prior to listening tests.

There are some products which are more difficult to audition for example the Audiomods arm which I will get around to one day which are direct buys. Cartridges can also be a tricky one for example there are some I would not entertain if tracking was poor whatever they sounded like though again the same dealer had unusually the same excellent demo facilities.

I suppose the final point is that whilst the only time I ever buy hi if mags are as a holiday read, it interesting to keep up to date with new developments the - Accession being one. I occasionally buy car mags but would never buy a car without extended test drives but can help in shortlisting particularly if there are major failings (cars, hifi etc).

Close relation once bought a Krell KSA50 many years ago on the back of favourable sounds from Absolute sounds showrooms and rave reviews - it went back much to the dealers disgust!

Finally I totally agree that the acid test is often when returning to your old hardware can you live without the new item, if the answer is no then you tend to buy it. In a number of cases this can result in surprising buys which don't always follow logic!

I am sure I will move to the accession at some point but working on the principle that what you don't have you don't miss I will persevere with my Revelation for some time yet it certainly ISNT the lack of a review that will stop me buying one but other priorities.

Hope all continues to go well and they do fly off your shelves.

Kind regards
Richard
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 12:00pm
I treat reviews as previews and appreciate good hi-fi retailers who allow an extended listen in my house with my other components. It's not just what you hear on your records, it's whether you want to play more of them!

My Accession arrives this week so I'll hear whether it displaces my Revelation M, an outstandingly good preamp that has given me many hundreds of hours of listening pleasure.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
latinaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latinaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 5:25am
Hi Fatmangolf.
Did you receive your Accesion?
Thoughts? comments? 
"Music nourishes the spirit"
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 9:43pm
Hi to those of you when have moved from Revelation to Accession are there any of the settings which you miss? After a limited use of CD & vinyl over the last 6 months I am getting back in the saddle again with vinyl in particular.

Regards Richard
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:32pm
Only one. I have couple of old Chess compilations that are very bassy and would have changed the Revelation to 375 or 250Hz bass turnover. It's minor thing given the clarity the Accession brings to the overall sound being more natural. Being brand new technology I suspect it will be even better as Graham squeezes every last improvement out of the Accession design so an exciting new stage.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 3:56pm
I subscribe to the OL e-newsletter.This one talks about the Bristol Hi Fi show and there's a nice plug:

"Another major item on show is the new Accession phono stage from Graham Slee (GSP Audio). I guess Graham has always championed high end sound at affordable prices but £800 is crazy for the performance level and makes this item an absolute steal"
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:00pm
This from the OL website:
"Phenomenal phono stage that cannot be overhyped because it really is that good - comfortably outperforms many phono stages at well over 4 times the price. GSP audio may not always be flavour of the month but is a true market leader that shatters the recommendations of a seemingly endless stream of mediocre stages with great reviews".

And this:
"Please note: GSP Audio Phono Stages are not available outside the UK".
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic