FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU upgrade?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSU upgrade?
    Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 1:30pm
Hi, I suspect many of us have found the benefits of Graham's PSUs to our (largely) little silver boxes.

Whilst the PSU is compact and pretty user friendly (and I would suggest not expensive in absolute terms, has any research been undertaken in to a 'PSU super' or similar?  Whilst I am in no way suggesting there is anything wrong with the current PSU, but can it be improved?  I am aware there are a few (larger tin boxes) which claim to be 'improvements' over the GSP PSU and wonder if this is something either Graham or Jon have investiated at all?

Little in this life is perfect and everything comes at a cost but just wondered . . .

Kind regards
Richard
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 8:37pm
Don't know about any research but I have been impressed by the PSU1 even powering several phono stages with a DIY cable. In terms of capacity I tried a DIY higher current regulated 24V PSU with my Solo UL and LCD2's but the PSU1 sounded better.

IMO GSP got this right but I never underestimate Graham and John's ingenuity and engineering.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:24pm
Thanks Jon, yes I accept the point though as always striving for better, wondering if it is the ultimate?  Will see if Graham has anything to addd.

Kind regards
Richard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:35pm
When trying to log on to the forum I clicked on to the wring website -fidelity audio from Doncaster. Having been intrigued I had a nosy round and stumbled accross their Graham Slee Power supply a significant upgrade . . . Apparently!

Whilst I am sure Graham would not endorse this any thoughts as to whether this could harm any of our little silver boxes? Has anyone tried one?

Richard
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 8:59pm
I'm not convinced by their products since I saw the parts 'upgrade' for the Novo that seemed to be like for like. That said I own one of their low noise 5 volt regulators which did a good job in my old 840C and is now fed from an SMPS into my Squeezebox Touch, with some good dc caps, and sounds considerably better than the stock Touch supply.

I share your scepticism Richard. Connecting a 24V dc supply is unlikely to damage the GSP boxes but will it improve the sound... The GSP engineering and test gear is second to none, and the PSU1 is proven to give great results.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 9:04am
If I were to try and sell a product called a Naim power supply and advertise it as such, how long do you think I would last before the summons?

Graham Slee is not only my name but it is a European wide registered trademark!!

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 9:29am
Yes the description does leave things a little blurred should we say!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic