FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Essential Classic Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
nedlington View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedlington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:14am
Mule do a load of cracking covers, there's a few albums I would recommend, the deepest end, the one that includes the DVD, superb concert and a cracking version of Sweet Leaf and War Pigs on there, also love the Eagles cover too. There's also another one of mainly covers but I forget it's name. I'll have a look on amazon and let you know. The one I would seriously suggest you get is Live: With a Little Help from our friends, it's an outstanding 4 CD package but very hard to get hold of as it's a collectors edition. I got mine from America, it's one of the best albums I have ever heard, seriously.
I have both the Bonamassa\Hart albums, think they are brilliant, her voice is great. I've never listened to any Jeff or Tim Buckley tbh, I'll have a delve into their stuff at some point.

With regards to gigs, my brother took me to see Heart in the 80's at Birmingham I only started going in the early to mid 90's so not as classic as yours !! I actually forgot but I'm off to see King King, with Dan Patlansky supporting, this Thursday. I knew it was in May but thought it was towards the end. Got mixed up with the Heart gig which is 30th June.

As soon as I get my act together I'll sort some Mule gigs out for you and pass them on to your son. Have you had a look at that website I mentioned ?

Jimbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:41am
Cheers, glad you mentioned King King , The Nimmo bros are superb. I dug out there albums and had a listen( only have the first two)
Just as a matter of interest got any Ginger Baker? Not exactly blues but an awesome drummer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedlington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:46am
Nope sorry, only any stuff he did with Traffic, none of his solo stuff although I heard some Air Force One and thought it was OK and obvs there's Cream but apart from that no, sorry. Are you catching King King on this latest tour ? I wanted to see Steve Nimmo too but couldn't sort. Also gutted that I missed Chris Cornell's 2nd acoustic\solo tour...AGAIN, didn't even know he was doing another and by time I found out it was already sold out !!
Jimbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 12:09am
Sadly no, 
My family commitments make it difficult to get to gigs at the moment.I will give the music some thought and maybe get a stick full of some music that you may or may not have considered before...definitely not all blues, but some may tickle your fancy.
I will let you know when it could be available at the Alma...in next 2-3 weeks at most.
Some of it will be because it sounds great ( well produced ) and some because I am just crazy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedlington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:14am
Appreciate any new music so thanks for that, look forward to discovering new stuff. Will drop those Mule gigs onto a USB stick so we can just swap. Have you heard any Dan Patlansky ? Or any of the others I mentioned ? Eric Steckel, Ben Poole, Jared James Nichol ? Of course I listen to other music, it's just mainly blues though these days. There's the likes of Tax The Heat, Supersonic Blues Machine (rock rather than blues), Monster Truck, Inglorious, all excellent new bands\music.

Just let me know when it's ready for collection and I'll pop in and make the switch, thanks for that. I agree, well produced music is superb regardless of genre.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:37pm
Hello Neil, I've been reading your recent postings with interest but as I am overseas with work for a couple of weeks, I hadn't had time to respond until now. I've been 'into' Gov't mule since 'Dose' which I think is a great album, then 'The Deep End' parts 1& 2 all on CD. In the last few years I've also acquired a few of their albums as LPs but it's a band I've yet to catch live. 

By the way, I will also be at the same Heart gig on the 30th June - a fan since first hearing 'Magic Man', 'Crazy On You', 'Barracuda' etc in the late '70s & buying all their LPs since then. The poppy 80's hits 'These Dreams' &  'What About Love' are very good songs even though I consider much of that decade 'the dark ages' for rock music.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Jimbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 6:26am
Another Mule fan...this gets better all the time...Hi !!....nice to see you.
Neil about Dan Patlansky, Eric Steckle, Ben Poole, Jared James Nichol, I have listened to Dan Patlansky but have none of his music, the others are new to me.....Do you have the Mule Live in Denver, if not I will chuck that on the stick.
As for the Mule site, yes have gone through all the pages. Oh on the Buckley Music I will chuck some of that on and a Madeleine Peyroux album , I will be chucking on a wide genre ...most of which you may chuck out...maybe not.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
  Share Topic