FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Essential Classic Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Two of my favorite hard rock/heavy rock albums from the 70s:

Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties 

Captain Beyond - Self Titled

Another one people don't talk about too often is the Self-Titled album from Armageddon. This was a rock band Keith Relf fronted just before he passed. 

Love both of these albums!
Recently picked up a nice vinyl copy of Secret Treaties.
And I have very fond memories of Captain Beyond! We used to cut class my senior year in HS and wore that one out at my buddy's house! I think the band was Rod Evans on vocals (from original Deep Purple), 2 of the Iron Butterfly guys, and Johnny Winter's drummer. Several months ago I found a good vinyl copy with original halographic cover at a small local vinyl shop.
WigglyWoo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglyWoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:30pm
I haven't scanned the full email thread so apologies if I'm repeating an earlier suggestion, but how about a bit of Kraut Rock and the 1973 classic from Faust (Faust IV)?

Definitely worth a listen if you've not heard it before... personal favourites: 'It's a bit of a pain' and 'Lauft...Heisst Das Es Lauft Oder Es Kommt Bald..Lauft'
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:02pm
Picked up the 2010 remaster of this one recently and enjoying it very much. Great album! especially the title song.

kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by lwdykes lwdykes wrote:

Picked up the 2010 remaster of this one recently and enjoying it very much. Great album! especially the title song.

I just happened to listen to that yesterday. Great record. Another to consider apart from "Are you Experienced" is "Valleys of Neptune":

https://www.jimihendrix.com/music/valleys-neptune/
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

Mac Mini, BitPerfect, Dynaudio Xeo2

Marantz SA-15S1, Apple TV, Cambridge CXA60, B&W DM2000, REL Sub
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:22pm
Great choice Keith.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:32am
Hi Tim
IF you can get a copy
Foreigner
with the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra & Chorus. It's a box set with 2 vinyl LPs, DVD,CD.
NOT Foreigner just as a band but as the name suggest  with orchestra and chorus
it's well worth getting. I was Amazed how good it is, But I am a fan of theirs (the recording is ex)

Jonathan

Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
rockyboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockyboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:09am
A little midwest Americana, Ann Arbor's own Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band "Live Bullet". 2 record set that rocks. Listened to it last night with the Accession and I felt I was at the concert.

The album is well produced and the sound took me back to a time and place I'll never forget. just a great album.

mike

GSP Majestic Enigma PSU1
GSP Proprius
GSP Accession M Enigma PSU1
GSP interconnects
Rega Planar 6. Sumiko Blackbird cart
Klipsch Heresy Mark 4
Audio Arts cables
Rel T-7 subs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic