FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Essential Classic Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Jimbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:27am
Check your private messages Neil !
TheIncredibleHoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheIncredibleHoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

By the way, I will also be at the same Heart gig on the 30th June - a fan since first hearing 'Magic Man', 'Crazy On You', 'Barracuda' etc in the late '70s & buying all their LPs since then. The poppy 80's hits 'These Dreams' &  'What About Love' are very good songs even though I consider much of that decade 'the dark ages' for rock music.

I've been trying to limit my classic rock LP buying over the last few years, BUT I've recently started buying 45 singles of classic rock hits I loved as a kid. A good copy of Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" LP is usually pretty pricey, but I've grabbed 45s of "Magic Man," "Crazy on You," "Kick it Out," and "Barracuda." AWESOME! You can't go far from the turntable with these, but at less than $2 each they are a lot of fun. 
Shawn
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:45pm
I've started playing early Genesis albums.
I've ignored them for far too long, and it's refreshing to encounter old friends not seen or heard of for many a long year.

I'd forgotten just how good these albums are, and now they're on the play a lot more regularly list.

So far ....

and now ....

Edited by Chris Firth - 05 Aug 2016 at 11:55pm
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 7:34am
I agree Chris. I'm not that familiar with Trespass, but Nursery Cryme is currently getting a lot more plays than it ever has. I like all their output up to and including Selling England.
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 10:33am
I must give these a spin again soon - still have the LPs I bought 35 odd years ago.
Trespass was a big favourite.
Genesis seemed to grow in confidence on Foxtrot's Supper's Ready.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 10:28pm

Someday they won't let you, now you must agree
The times they are a-telling, and the changing isn't free
You've read it in the tea leaves, and the tracks are on tv
Beware the savage jaw
Of 1984

They'll split your pretty cranium, and fill it full of air
And tell that you're eighty, but brother, you won't care
You'll be shooting up on anything, tomorrow's never there
Beware the savage jaw
Of 1984

Come see, come see, remember me?
We played out an all-night movie role
You said it would last, but I guess we enrolled
In 1984 (who could ask for more?)
1984 (who could ask for more?)
(More)

I'm looking for a vehicle, I'm looking for a ride
I'm looking for a party, I'm looking for a side
I'm looking for the treason that I knew in '65
Beware the savage jaw
Of 1984

Come see, come see, remember me?
We played out an all-night movie role
You said it would last, but I guess we enrolled
In 1984 (who could ask for more?)
1984 (who could ask for more?)
(More)

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 7:55am
Possibly fearing it would go straight over the heads of some (latter) Genesis fans, Feeding the Fire was left off Invisible Touch, but released as B side on the Land of Confusion single. Only managed to find two "tubes" and both are poor sound, this being the best of the two...

I think it fitting for our "get" society.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic