New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Technics SL-1200/SL-1210... Who uses one (or two?)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Technics SL-1200/SL-1210... Who uses one (or two?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 37>
Author
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 9:13pm
Ok, got it. 1200GR is a poor man’s (not that it’s cheap, ha!) 1200G. 

I notice that the L-1000R isn’t listed at Richer Sounds. 
Do I want to know the price of that? 🤔
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:46pm
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:52am
Richer Sounds price for the G is £2699. There's a further £200 off this in their flash sale which finishes on Monday.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 9:03am
Ah yes, I saw that too. Tempting, but alas I have committed most of my funds into supercharging an old M3 (which I hardly ever take the cover off). A folly to be sure. 

Anyway, The Mrs. says 3 TTs are plenty. As with vehicles I’m now subject to a strict one in one out policy. 🙄
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Old skool Old skool wrote:

The Mrs. says 3 TTs are plenty. As with vehicles I’m now subject to a strict one in one out policy. 🙄
It's the same for me.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 6:27pm
One in one out is a wise policy. I was tempted by the 1200G and did look at their website again but £2k5 is still a lot of cash and I have a souped up SL1210 mark 2 I need to use more often. I think I will fit my Goldring 1042 and connect it to my Accession M.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:33pm
Well I have powered up my SL1210/II and it runs well. Well engineered, it is a fine turntable. I can see that I will need to refit a standard dust cover as my Decksaver protective cover won't fit when playing a record, doh! A quick fit of the 1042 will let me hear the combo and decide how serious I am about running a second deck but this evening has been taken up by other things.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 37>
  Share Topic