FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Indie anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
elwood p dowd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elwood p dowd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Also Vanna Inget from Sweden, who started out more as a punk-ish type band and gradually got more melodic. Their album Ingen Botten was one of my favorites in recent years. The latest one was also great but took time to grow on me. I hope they keep making music for awhile.

had a listen to the ingen botten album & reminds me of desperate journalist
try their first album (recently rereleased on vinyl)
this is why events unnerve me
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:41pm
patientot
The radio station this side was called XFM they are now called Radio X but I still can't remember the USA, New York stations name. Rapture disbanded in 2014. I use to like listening to the New York's station as I found out about a lot of new music from them, but most  at the time I didn't know how to get hold. I did once email the station and they did get back to me and told me I could get the Rapture's new album in England and even told me where I get hold of a copy, That was HMV. I was new to the internet at the time and didn't really know how to use it to the full.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

No argument imo. There was an explosion of independent labels, shops, magazines etc. The whole "here's a chord, here's another - now go form a band" thing. It was an exciting time to be young & into music, fashion, art etc and a period that definitely changed the status quo...... for a while at least!

"Sniffin' Glue is often incorrectly credited as the source of the illustration featuring drawings of three guitar chord shapes, captioned, 'this is a chord, this is another, this is a third. Now form a band'; this drawing actually originally appeared in January 1977 in another fanzine, Sideburns..." (Wikipedia)

Mind you, some people felt that three chords were altogether too many...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic