FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Intro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

A lot of what was "rock" when released is now MOTR stuff aired on Radio 2 . . . Ermm

Yes, thank goodness for Ken Bruce, and Jeremy Vine, but they don't go as far as playing some of the favourites I've mentioned in this topic - still a step too far for the BBC.

Bob Harris is probably the only 'real' DJ left in the country unfortunately. Pity they relegated his show to the 3am graveyard slot but that's the way the corporation has been heading for a long time now...
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm
IMO the most eclectic choice of music on Radio 2 is to be found on the Desmond Carrington and Liza Tarbuck shows. Although neither could be described as DJs, the former at 90 must certainly rate as the world's oldest radio presenter; this Friday's edition will be his last. 

I remember when he was in Emergency Ward 10! Unhappy
RichieCactus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieCactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:49pm
Ahhh "Prog"  Smile

Strangely I stopped listening to Genesis years ago when I started to buy CD's and stopped buying vinyl. Then last year, when I resurrected my Thorens, Selling England was one of the first LP's to be played. WOW I'd forgotten just how brilliant this album is, especially via vinyl. Big smileBig smile

Since then I've got back into (early) Genesis, but also Yes, King Crimson, and the brilliant Moody Blues (early albums).  Luckily I have all the Genesis on original vinyl (heard bad reports on the remasters), but struggling to get the Moody Blues on vinyl (only have on CD).

Can hugely recommend seeing The Musical Box tribute band.  Incredible.  They got a standing ovation at the Hammy Odeon (or whatever its called now) back in October last year, and deservedly so.  Looking forwards to seeing them again this year.  They're doing the "black version" of Selling England, apparently.

Anyway, Prog Rules !!  Embarrassed

rgds
RC

ps:  +1 for a Folk thread.

Rega RP8/Cartridgeman MM3/Thorens TD166/AudioMods VI/Accession/Croft RIAA/Arcam A85/Quad 21L
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 2:00am
Listening to King Crimson's album "In The Court of The Crimson King".
 Playing through the Accession... it sounds great!
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Mr Pig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:08pm
Hello, first post. I joined to borrow a phono stage, hopefully.

I love all kinds of music but Genesis were my favorite band and still love the music nearly forty years later. Trick of the tail, they knocked it out of the park with that album but love all their earlier stuff too.

Seen a couple of tributes and agree, The Musical box are truly amazing. 
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Mr Pig Mr Pig wrote:

Hello, first post. I joined to borrow a phono stage, hopefully.

I love all kinds of music but Genesis were my favorite band and still love the music nearly forty years later. Trick of the tail, they knocked it out of the park with that album but love all their earlier stuff too.

Seen a couple of tributes and agree, The Musical box are truly amazing. 

Welcome.

Love the Gabriel-era of Genesis when I'm in the mood. I like some of Gabriel's solo work a lot also, and his soundtrack for the Last Temptation of Christ is a big favorite of mine. 

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by BAK BAK wrote:

Listening to King Crimson's album "In The Court of The Crimson King".
 Playing through the Accession... it sounds great!

Bruce,
Was just perusing this thread and happened to see your old post. Love this album; wondering if there is a specific pressing you like? I currently only own it on CD and would like to pick up a good vinyl pressing. I recently saw a new sealed MOFI half speed master at a vinyl show, but the price was off the charts.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic