FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Intro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:27pm
Yeah will have to see. Cheapest I've seen the original is something like £190 tho.. for a near mint - which it probably isn't Wink
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:38pm
Just had a look £450 on Amazon
STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 11:35am
I've been enjoying my few Alan Parsons Project albums:
 Pyramid
 Eye in the Sky
 Turn of a Friendly Card
 I Robot
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 12:25pm
Hi big APP fan here also, Tales of Mystery & Imgination (1970s mix) and Eye in the sky my pick. Not sure whether anyone can recall the IMF demo in Harrogate in the late 1970's with 'the fall of the house of Usher'? Amazing scale in a large room.   Recall source being a Revox -A77 but cannot recall the amp possibly a big Luxman and TLS80 2's.

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 12:45pm
Lot of love here for APP! Tales... is a classic. Also like Stereotomy, Amonia Avenue, Gaudi. Plus AP's non-project albums, especially The Time Machine. Freudiana is also excellent.

I'm a great admirer of APP's orchestral guy Andrew Powell. Just got his score for Ladyhawke on LP off eBay - as yet unplayed; really hope it's in good nick. Medieval fantasy film with APP style instrumentals doesn't appear a good match, but not as strange as it might seem.

Project fans should also listen to "Keats", the eponymous album by Stuart Bairnson and the "project" band. More "poppy" than APP, but produced by AP and a good listen. Keats never made another album . . .
Edit: That should read Ian Bairnson . . Stuart Elliott is the bass player  . . 

Edited by morris_minor - 25 Mar 2016 at 4:19pm
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 2:05pm
Thanks Bob. I have a number but not all of these may have to look further!

Whilst. I had the remastered tales on vinyl I bought a great condition original of eBay last year much better in my opinion. Interestingly I have three on CD and these didn't appear to transfer formats well - CDs dont retain the composure or dynamics of the vinyl when on the louder passages tales, I robot and eye in the sky.

Will have to start digging on the others you mention.

Sad to hear Eric Woolfson died a few years ago.

Richard
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 4:30pm
I've a couple of Project albums on Classic Records double-sided "CD" - one side @96kHz for DVD players, the other @192Hz for DVD-A players. I had a Pioneer universal player at the time, then an Oppo, now a Cambridge Audio Blu-Ray player - but I rarely play them, preferring the vinyl. I've also AP's "On Air" on a 5-channel DTS disc: the aircraft sound at the beginning is nicely effective in surround. Again, this rarely gets played . . Ermm - now I've got it on vinyl Wink 

The Project albums were remastered on CD a while ago with demo tracks, and other "rarities" on them.

Oh - I forgot to mention "Eve". This sounds good on the Music on Vinyl issue of a couple of years ago.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic