FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

LP12 Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
shellspeed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LP12 Power Supply
    Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 1:01pm
Hi all

Having recently got back into my Hifi with the purchase of a LP12 I have added a GSP phono stage and thanks to the loan program (excellent idea) a PSU as well. Reading around it appears my first upgrade (only had in a month) will be to get an off board power supply to replace the Valhalla.

I have emailed GSP about this as I am sure Graham and the gang would be able to design/build something suitable however I haven't heard anything back.

Question is, is the Lingo (second hand fetching £500+) worth the money or would a alternative from Heed lets say be worth getting at £350 (new).

I am not bothered about 45rpm. It's purley something else the wife will tut at a claim she carn't hear any differance.

regards
James
LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by shellspeed shellspeed wrote:

Hi all

I am not bothered about 45rpm. It's purley something else the wife will tut at a claim she carn't hear any differance.

regards
James

Why not listen to your wife.In my opinion wives don't read the magazines and therefore don't know what to listen for and therefore hear the bigger picture.
STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 4:20pm
The Origin Live DC kit is very well thought of. L*nn gear is pricey these days...
Graham & Co. are a perhaps a tad busy to design a niche product such as an LP12 PSU
at the mo' Wink
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

The Origin Live DC kit is very well thought of. L*nn gear is pricey these days...
Graham & Co. are a perhaps a tad busy to design a niche product such as an LP12 PSU
at the mo' Wink

I remember designing a DC motor speed controller some years ago for a firm near there... Sleepy
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:55am
The OL case design looks familiar.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 9:02am
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

The OL case design looks familiar.

Purely coincidental
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
shellspeed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 9:16am
I did think that about the case too. Given L*nn reckon DC is ultimately the way to go then I suspect I know what's going to happen here given second hand Lingo values
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic