FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Majestic Pre-DAC 1st Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Majestic Pre-DAC 1st Review
    Posted: 10 May 2015 at 8:42pm
The loan pair of balanced cables are great. Great review which makes me wish I'd bought my Majestic earlier!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:10pm
I've just got some GSP Libran balanced cables to go between my Majestic and active Harbeth speakers in my study system, which aside from captive leads from turntables was the last non-GSP link. The improvement over the single-ended phono cables was very apparent, with more detail and dynamics, and clarity. Definitely recommended!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 10:28am

[/QUOTE]

I don't even own mine yet but I already feel the same after experiencing the Bitzie. I have absolutely no doubt at all and putting down £1600 for it without a home loan doesn't concern me in the slightest. Audiophiles who can look past their love of equipment should share the same faith.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did, Ash. Plonked down the cash unheard. Fantastic decision based on my experiences with the Reflex M and Proprius.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by CageyH CageyH wrote:

If I am honest, Graham Slee kit hardly ever gets mention on the forums I am a member of. I do my bit to raise awareness where I can, but there is only so much you can do before you annoy people.

Same here Cagey.
Where possible I recommend GSP kit on another 'mainstream' forum & also point out the home loan scheme. If it raises awareness of GSP & sends someone over here then job done, but much repetition
is risky as you say!
My impression is that GSP phono stages & headphone amps in particular are very well regarded by many (I don't recall ever reading any negative comments about GSP) & hopefully the digital kit could start to gain a deserved high reputation as well.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:46pm
It sounds like a wonderful piece of kit.
I am so tempted to borrow one on the loan scheme, but at this moment in my life, it's so low down on the list of priorities that to borrow one would be under false pretences. The temptation would then become too great, and I would end up with Mrs H stringing me up.

It is nice to see recognition for the Brand, and more importantly the man behind the brand and the quality of his components. If I am honest, Graham Slee kit hardly ever gets mention on the forums I am a member of. I do my bit to raise awareness where I can, but there is only so much you can do before you annoy people.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:30am
Great comments on the Majestic's sound quality - like many of the positive comments already made  by owners on the forum - & a very apt conclusion!
Not sure about the 'anorexic' description though. That would apply to those overly slim DVD
players that are around these days but not the Majestic's very solid & compact form.
Thumbs Up

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 8:57am
I agree with Jon, Andrew and Ash - a good review from someone who gets where Graham is coming from. About time too! Hopefully more people will take notice now . . . .

Edited by morris_minor - 02 Dec 2014 at 8:57am
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic