FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Raspberry Pi streaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

I use upnp , if you wish to use this then I can help theure.
Thanks, but i’ll stick to what I know.

I suppose you could add the radio stations you want to a play list and save that?

I’ve tried to do that, but I don’t think I’ve done it correctly.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 7:42am

[QUOTE=ICL1P]

Not sure about the Radio stations as I don't use the web front end, you can deleted radio stations from Moode, bit long winded though.

Good to hear you had a successful build.
AS Steve says the advanced kernels are not currently available.
To make a Radio station playlist:
1 In the Playback page, clear any current selections by clicking on the 3 dots and select "Remove Items"
2 in the Browse page select the stations you want in the playlist by clicking the microphone icon on the left then "add". When you have added all you want, go to Playback page, scroll to the bottom of the selected stations and click "Save this list" then in the dropdown you can name it. The playlist will appear in the Browse page.

Remember to refresh your browser page for new entries to appear. Also in the Library page clicking on the Album art will give you a drop down list to select tracks to play.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

[QUOTE=Fatmangolf]
I don't know about "Madge-top" though... Embarrassed

What about a Bitzie Hat, I2S direct into DAC?

Ian
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:13am
Thanks Ian. I can’t have refreshed the browser.

I’m finding some oddities and niggles. I can have two different webUI appearances depending on whether I browse by IP address or at moode.local. Earlier the three dots were missing when viewed one way, but not the other. Now I’ve lost them completely on the iMac, making Moode functionally useless, but they show on the iPad. Wierd!
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:20am
Ifor,
tried both access methods from my MS Windows 10 laptop and both ip and *.local look the same. Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab works OK as well. However on my Windows phone I cannot get a useable Interface. Hopefully these will be sorted out in 4.1.

tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:29am
Following all this at arms length, although I have set up a couple of Pi 3s for myself and a friend.
His uses the Digi+ and mine has the Dacplus Pro.
We have both been using them as combo media players for catchup TV & recorded programs as well as music streamers.
Have been happy with OSMC and Kodi for that purpose, maybe not the most hi of fi for audio only but great for watching Bobs Utoob music videos and hearing the music on the "big rig".
Noted that Graham is using a fairly basic older version of the Pi and found the following page listing many of the differences and thought it worth a mention.
More particularly with respect to his wanting to possibly use a USB stick for music and noted that the early models had issues with hotplugging USB devices.
Otherwise most of what is indicated as potential use cases seem very doable.
With any distro using Kodi as frontend I find the Android app Yatse great as a remote.
More recent distros may not be useable on the early Pi due to different CPU architecture.
Normal programming may now resume, over and out :D
Tony G
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:07pm
Thanks for the hot plug info tg.Smile

Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

What about a Bitzie Hat, I2S direct into DAC?

Ian

Well yes, but will it be found useful?

I could easily use a WM8741 to produce analogue out, but what of the filters?

I guess the Bitzie <line> output stage might be acceptable?

Or would it need the inamp treatment of the Madge?

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
  Share Topic