FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Complete GSP Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 9:48pm
I only have experience with a handful of headphone models. I am by no means an expert.

Edited by Ash - 05 Oct 2014 at 12:19am
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
discrete badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by msphil msphil wrote:

Hi Mick,
... onto my old Mission 753 floor standing speakers.

Mission were making excellent UK-made budget speakers in that era. I still have a few pairs in service on surround duties.

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 5:01pm
Mick - you ask about the feel of complete GSP systems . . . 

Though it looks like I have one, from my signature, it's not quite as it seems since the Proprii are earning their keep in my AV system, happily driving some PMC Gb1i fronts. And they sound great on movies and music - more than enough welly (for me at least) for the most extreme blockbuster movie.

The only reason they're not paired with the Majestic in my study system is because I have a pair of Harbeth active speakers which I love to bits. But every other piece of electronics in this system is GSP, with GSP cabling, and it sounds fantastic. Like you and others have mentioned I've stopped hearing the kit as "hi-fi" and just listen to the music; the boxes simply disappear from "view". The word synergy is often overused, but everything works so well together I've no thoughts of ever having to change anything. He says . . . just remembering the other thread about Graham's new magical phono amp! LOL
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 9:55pm
@Mick: I liked the Cybermen photo as I also had a pair of Jecklin Float 2 headphones!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 9:56pm
On the OT, I think the combination is clear and musical. I have several GSP boxes in my analogue chain and some Cusat50's.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 3:23am
Thanks, gents.
        My Proprii arrived today. Purchased from the monopolising auction site. All plugged in and ready to go. A quick listen was all I had time for, but it was the same as my experience of receiving the Reflex M and the Majestic; a tad bright, but right away very open and free sounding with a deeper soundstage than I'm used to. I'm sure with a few weeks on the clock they'll relax and get that fabulous colour Graham's electronics can achieve.
As a point of interest, they're replacing an Arcam Alpha 9 (75w). Even from cold they're more dynamic, punchy and open.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 6:04am
Mine replaced a 10P and I had more drive and detail with the little Proprius.
At about two weeks they sound really good.

In fact, I have been rediscovering my music collection.
If I manage to shift my VDH D102 Mk3 cables, then I'll probably get some Spatia speaker cables made up for me.
Once you have heard these, it's difficult to go back to what you had before!
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic