FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Complete GSP Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete GSP Systems
    Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 3:24am
Hi all,
    I've now got a Reflex and Majestic front end and have heard the loan Proprius as well. For those of you with complete GSP Audio systems, could you let me in on your experiences with different speakers and how you're finding the general feel of your systems? It's only a matter of time (and selling off old kit) before I go all the way, as it were. What am I in for?
Mick.

Edited by Aussie Mick - 20 Aug 2014 at 9:10am
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:34am
You're in for a very good time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 9:11am
I know you're headphone set-ups, what about speakers, Ash?
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:14pm
Hi Mick,

I use a squeezebox touch which wirelessly transmits music from my computer to a Majestic. I use this as both a DAC and preamp which then goes to a pair of Proprius amplifiers and onto my old Mission 753 floor standing speakers.

I used to play the speakers using an old Cyrus system (CD, pre-amp, power amp and PSx's). The results now are absolutely stunning. Each item of GSP equipment is good on its own, however, when you put them together they work as they were intended and are really fantastic! My speakers are now approximately 20 years old and yet the system sounds better than most modern overprice systems that I have heard. One of these days I will scrape together some money to buy a quality pair of modern speakers to make the package complete!
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:53pm
I've had various Mission speakers in the lounge room system over the years. Always stand mounts for the TV. Always musical and I like their balance once run in. I'll have to move them out to the main system and give them a run via GSP. I'm currently using speakers with a direct wired midrange - no crossover, just a capacitor and mechanical roll off. Very expressive midrange!
Mick.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:33pm
I'm not a fan of speakers because there are so many sources of colouration. If I had the space for them to perform well, I'd buy those hybrid Martin Logan ESLs or a pair of large Quad panels. The listening room would have to be large with good damping in order for me to not hate the bass reproduction.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 9:40pm
Fair enough. One of my best mates feels the same way. He's ended up with high end AKG's that really float his boat. He's about to buy a GSP phono stage and I'm trying to convince him to get a ULDE! Out of interest, have you ever heard the Jecklin Float 'phones? A pair of the Model 2 was my first ever real hifi purchase. I still have them, and occasionally don them. They still have something going for them, especially if you want to look like a Dr Who Cyberman.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic