FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Audiomods Series 5 arm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:32pm
The series 6 has arrived & it looks superbly engineered, built & finished.
Very well packaged & presented with clear instructions.
Now to mount it & install an Ortofon Cadenza.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:32pm
Congratulations Rich. Happy listening!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:07am
Thanks Jon.Smile
The removable cartridge mounting plate, micrometer VTA and fine adjustment counterweight
all help to make set up easy.
Very impressed with the sound - clear, detailed & 3D with powerful & well resolved bass.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:49pm
Glad you are enjoying it Rich, the Series 6 has been taking a high percentage of my listening time since I installed it. Superb Approve
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:28am
I've owned the Cadenza Blue for several years but it hasn't sounded as good as this before.
In the Series 6 it is right at home - detail, tonal resolution, soundstaging, dynamics etc are all 
1st rate. 
Hats off to the Elevator/Reflex M combo for its abilities too...

MS61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MS61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:12am
FYI I decided to order Audiomods Series 6 too. I have read reviews, forum (and Audio Karma) and change my direction totally. I alway appreciated versatility and removable headshells. I contemplated about Jelco arms (750 or better 850) but J. Spall wins hand down. :-)

Only delivery time is sooo long.

Michal
Technics SP15 / Audiomods 6 / SH-15B3 plinth / Audio Technica AT 150 Sa / Accession M / Genelec 8030 + RME ADI-2 Pro ADDA
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:49am
Had a strange thing happen recently with mistracking and general stylus misbehaviour with IQ3
in the Series 6.
Head scratching & messing about with VTA & VTF made no difference or made it worse...

Eventually discovered that the thin thread that locates into the bias adjustment wheel had come adrift. 
Just had to thread it back through the wire loop guide & back onto the wheel to restore bias force.
No anti-skate bias was the cause of the jumping & mistracking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic