FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Audiomods Series 5 arm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Very nice indeed. A well designed tonearm is in a way a bit like the Spitfire  -
designed without any consideration for looks & aesthetics but beautiful to behold.Thumbs Up

Yes, form following function. The arm looks great on your deck and nicely photographed.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm
Lovely arm (& pictures) Richard Thumbs Up - one thing puzzles me though.

The rear holes on the headshell look like they are filled in compared to those on my Audiomods V. Is this a trick of the light or are they filled with something white coloured?
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 7:24pm
Andrew there is what appears to be a white plastic filler/bung In two rear holes. Maybe his latest incarnation but no idea why.

My latest listening impressed particularly in separating multi layered vocals, BeeGees being a good example and also the taughtness of the bass.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 8:34pm
Some more listening suggested the sound is mellowing marginally - I guess as the cables burn in though no less enjoyable.  Overall sound remains very tight, fast and very sweet and delicate.
It is perhaps the latter which (by comparison with CD) which stands above that of that medium.  I have stated previously that the bass tended to be more punchy and dynamic on CD than my vinyl; they do appear more similar in now in terms of power and drive now though do remain a little different in nature of course is material/production dependant too.

I did raise raise surface noise as being if not bothersome more noticeable though with the Series V but this has receded I suspect due to the opening comments over a slight mellowing.

Still really enjoying the sound of the Audiomods/Vinyl and still haven't managed to spin some new CDs I acquired from HMV 2 1/2 weeks ago!
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:02am
Is the tonearm cable captive and is the earthing method typical Rega?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:35am
There is an option to have tonearm cable continuous loom or terminated to Cardas 5 pin. Earthing is not as per Rega - it's by a separate flying lead.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:51am
Thanks Andrew.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic