FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Audiomods Series 5 arm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Paperweight View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:24pm
I remember Graham wishing tonearm manufacturers would update their wiring for the modern noisy environment. I would love to see an Audiomods arm with such a wiring scheme and accompanying Graham Slee phono stages. Jeff would most likely accommodate such a request at a reasonable cost.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:11pm
Pop Jeff and email and ask him?
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:48pm
Not sure 100% sure what Graham had in mind for his wiring scheme. It would make for an interesting collaboration. Just a random thought.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:00pm
My Audiomods arm has the continuous silver phono to cartridge cable option. That is, there are two 1 metre long twisted pairs of light gauge silver litz wires that run between the phono plugs and the cartridge tags,  from the bottom of the arm bearing each pair has a braid screen connected to the ground wire for the arm, within the arm tube screening relies on the arm tube itself. Although the cable is not truly a screened cable the arrangement works reasonably well, although it is still susceptible to mobile phone interference if brought within a metre or so. I suspect that this is mainly due to the lack of shielding in and near the cartridge. Understandably MC to Fanfare phono is more sensitive than MM to Reflex M phono.
I do keep WiFi devices as far away as possible, although I have not noticed any audible interference from things such as Raspberry Pi when operating within about .6m.
So, in answer to your question, Jeff can provide an acceptable "screened" cable.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 7:58am
Yeah I have the same 1 meter silver run on my arm.
I live in the sticks so not much interference here. The wi-fi is in the kitchen and turntable in the bedroom. The only problem I have is the electrical/magnetic noise coming from the motor. Still working on a solution for that.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:30pm
My series V has arrived today as promised together with a custom mounting plate made by Jeff.

Can't wait to have installed at the weekend - have gone for upgraded internal wiring and separate cable (audio origami for the time being).

Does looo exceptionally well made.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 4:55pm
Congratulations Richard - I love this arm & I'm sure you will be delighted when you start using it Big smile

By the way, does that upgraded wiring include a bespoke screen as you mentioned in another thread? I'd be very interested if that is the case.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic