New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proprius and high efficiency single driver speaker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius and high efficiency single driver speaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
Jackal008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 7:12am
Graham

Thanks for such a quick reply, I can now start plotting a path ahead. I could just well be in the market for a new DAC, so there you go. A complete GSP setup would be very welcome indeed.

Carl
Carl

First album I heard as a kid: LA Woman - The Doors
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:59am
Me thinks a slight misunderstanding has taken place regarding "minimum of 2W or 1W..."

I read "Power Requirement: as little as 2 watts" on one spec. and also noted the following statement...

"ALL AMPLIFIER TYPES WELCOME

Hoyt-Bedford speakers are true thoroughbreds, but with a difference, they are friendly to all amp types and present an easy 8 ohm load. They, however, clearly reflect what is in front of them, so a quality amp is paramount not to mention source, interconnects, and speaker wire. You might say "that leaves me out". Not true, because there are a lot of affordable, quality amps, sources, interconnects, and speaker wire out there that punch far above their weight and price point that will work well with these speakers."

Given that the Proprius will drive the Harbeth M20 monitors which Harbeth say requires a 40 watts amp - and the Proprius does 45.5 watts into 4 Ohms, which the M20 is... then from the information provided, the Omega or Hoyt-Bedford speakers will be easily catered for.

The bit that says "Not true, because there are a lot of affordable, quality amps, sources, interconnects, and speaker wire out there that punch far above their weight and price point that will work well with these speakers." could easily describe what we have to offer... not only the Proprius, but the Spatia speaker cables and links, Lautus interconnects, and of course: the Reflex M and Elevator EXP.

With just the one analogue source??? The very next step would be the Majestic DAC and you'd have a complete Slee amplification system Smile

If it were possible to do a road show in Sydney I could wow you with its sound. Unfortunately the nearest I can get to you is Aylesbury in England in May - but I'll be demo'ing the above mentioned items there.

Best regards,

Graham

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Jackal008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:13am
This info may well already exist in this forum somewhere, however could you more learned folk advise if a pair of Proprius amps would be OK with high efficiency single driver speakers? Note, I am running a Reflex M and Elevator EXP as pre-amp stage and NAD C356BEE integrated amp.

Examples of speakers for reference to would the Omega or Hoyt-Bedford ranges where they require minimum 2W or 1W respectively.

If they are a good pairing, what are examples of how they are incorporated into a stereo system i.e. source (TT) into EXP into Reflex M then NAD C356 split into Proprius then into speakers?

This project's getting bigger...
Carl

First album I heard as a kid: LA Woman - The Doors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic