FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Era gold & Dynavector 10X5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
brianupnorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianupnorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Era gold & Dynavector 10X5
    Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 3:27am
Any one had experience with the Era Gold V mated to a Dynavector 10 X 5? Good, bad, indifferent?
Brianupnorth
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 3:47am

Brian,

that was the cartridge I was using when I purchased my Era Gold V some 7 years ago.

I had already tried another equivalently priced phono and found the EGV to better it.

Edited by tg - 12 Jan 2014 at 3:51am
Tony G

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianupnorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 11:06pm
Tony,
I am currently using a Rega Exact 2 but am considering the Dynavector 10X5.  What was your experience with the Dynavector run through the Era Gold?

Brian
Brianupnorth
phildent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 11:29pm
Not heard the Rega but the Dynavector is an excellent cartridge,very low surface noise,good tracker and a real fun sound.Itcan rock but also does delicacy.Sounds good through any of the compatible Graham phono stages.Very good value for money and is still one of my 'in use' cartridges.

Phil
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 11:49pm
Hi Brian I've heard the 10X5 and was impressed. I think it would be a noticeable step up from the Rega Exact which I have run on my Rega P3-24 for some time.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 1:36am

TBPH I preferred the Denon DL-110.

Subsequent events left a cloud over that, in that the cartridge I had, may have been damaged when I got it.

Tony G

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianupnorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:48am
Curious how much you adjusted VTA on your Rega for the Dynavector. I am running an RP6 which I find is much more revealing than the Planar 3 I had for many years, only down side is it is much more fussy about vibration isolation.

Brian
Brianupnorth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic